Cruising to Europe this summer? What are you taking?

What do you take to Europe when travelling in early June? We're on the BOS greek isles itinerary. Do we need to pack for 2 seasons taking some long-sleeved items and pants for during the day or will it be warm enough for shorts most of the time? I'm sure that Greece will be warm enough, but, what about Barcelona, Cannes and northern Italy?

Also, not having been to Europe before, is there anything that we need to be sure that we absolutely do not leave home without?

The Med (including the Greek Islands, Cannes and Barcelona ) will be into its summer season in early June and you can expect daytime temperatures to generally be in the 80s. We just take summer clothes with a light jacket for a cooler evening. Northern Italy would be a little cooler, but again you should be fine with summer clothes supplemented with a jacket. Although it rarely rains in the summer, we always have our rain jackets and Totes. And of course don't leave home without plenty of money (smile). The dollar is very weak...so expect some sticker shock.

Hank

Just be aware that very few Europeans wear shorts. Women wear skirts or long pants or capris. You can't go into any churches in shorts - men or women. Shorts are great for sea days but I wouldn't wear them in any of the cities.

Hi, all! You've reminded me of something that was on my mind, and possibly someone here can speak to it.

Do little girls need to abide by the no bare arms or legs rule when visiting religious sites? We'll be in Greece and Turkey next spring, when DD will be 4. At present, she prefers dresses, so keeping her out of shorts shouldn't be a problem, and I suppose I could just carry a scarf to drape over her shoulders.

Come to think of it, can my son (who will be 8) wear shorts, or must he wear long pants?

Just want to be prepared! Thanks for your thoughts.

Archived