keeping in touch

kabrse

I am traveling with my daughters on a cruise, my husband is staying home and I am wondering what is the best way for us to call him! I bought a phone card which I later found out is not good in the Caymans, is good in Cozumel but for every 1 minute I am charged for 7. I was also told that it will not work on the ship. Does anyone know what the usual rate on the ship is or if a cell phone will work on the ship?

RCCL its about $7.95 per min. The best way is to use the phone card you have in the places it can be or use the email. Email is about $0.50 per min on RCCL, or if when in port find a cyber cafe where you can get maybe 30 or 60 min for around $1.00-2.00. Those are baout the options you can use. If you have a cell phone you can see what your rate would be to use it. Ours ran us $1.45-$2.35 per min depending on where we happen to be at plus the fee to access.

Got back yesterday form eastern cruise. Noticed quite a few pay phones at the ports also take Visa, Mastercard, Discovery to make phone calls. Did not see American Express but I may have just not noticed. Don't know what the charges are but should be quite a bit less than the ship's charges. My cell phone also worked in some ports. I don't pay for incoming calls and I got two while in St. Thomas. Maybe you husband can call you while you're in a port.

Archived