April 9 Legendary Sailors, where are we meeting??

AllisonJames

Hi!

Really getting excited now! :D

I think the Sky Bar has been mentioned, after the muster drill.... I think Mardi Gras beads (for recognition) are a little "too" much (although I have 'em!). Maybe we can figure out something else for us CC'ers (short of CC tattoos on our foreheads!)

Apparently it will be a full sailing...:eek:

See ya' SOON!!!!

Paul

Don't forget, with a bit of planning you all can plan a party; in a suite or perhaps the card room. Seabourn HM and Maitre d' will be more than happy to help with arrangements and even supply a server. (I do tip the server since s/he could be sleeping <G>.) It's not just our Martita who can host a little event, although she is particularly fond of pajama parties. I have mine on a sea day from 10:30=11-45 which leaves time to ge to Trivia.

Hi y'all. Can you believe we'll be on the Legend in just a few days? Oh my gosh! Wondering about what time they usually have the life boat drill? Also, off topic, but...when you take shore excursions, do you tip the guide? And does anyone scuba dive? Wondering if you also tip your dive instructors? Thanks!

Jane :)

Hi all

definately up for meeting up after lifeboat drill (usually 5 pm if we are sailing at 6!) not sure what Mardi Gras Beads are???? will a rolled up copy of the Times and red rose in a button hole do????? (don't worry its a british thing!!!)

anyway really looking forward to meeting you all, especially as it is coming round very quickly!!

deb

Hi y'all. Can you believe we'll be on the Legend in just a few days? Oh my gosh! Wondering about what time they usually have the life boat drill? Also, off topic, but...when you take shore excursions, do you tip the guide? And does anyone scuba dive? Wondering if you also tip your dive instructors? Thanks!

Yep, hard to believe, after booking last June!! :D

I think embarking is 3-5, so muster drill would have to be around 5:15 or 5:30, I'd think. (Can't take too long!) Then, of course, to the Sky Bar!! :eek:

Tour guides usually "accept" tips, and will probably make it known. I'd expect to have a little extra cash, just in case. Don't know about scuba...but I DID buy a mask & snorkle here a few weeks ago! Now, I have to manipulate my moustache, or cut it off Eek!

Hope we can find out where the Legend will actually embark between now & Friday! (Or earlier for your sake!)

Have a safe trip, and I'll see ya' there!

Paul

SA Jane: Thank you so very very much for the pre-cruise Easter surprise. I would have been more than happy with a Cadbury Egg! Your generosity is second only to our Lord's.

Eileen & Bob: I'm not sure where to meet as this is our first cruise ever (except for the car ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria BC), but one or our party (SantaAna Jane, Sis2, Lynn, & BroInLaw) will be wearing a Cruise Critic lanyard/water bottle holder. We will do the same when the Pond Party arrives on Easter.

I don't know if I can continue holding my breath until we board. See/Meet you all soon!

Rick :)

you're very, very very welcome! :)

Paul, I'm looking forward to meeting you too. Hope you can put that mask and snorkle to work on some great diving. Didn't know that snorkling was not mustache-friendly, sorry you have such a quandry!

NOW HEAR THIS! (Considering a nautical piping aboard here).

I am putting California Jane and her Sis and BIL and Lynn in charge of the 'CC Welcome' for those of us boarding on the 16th. Please take possession of the Sky Bar seats on the port side by the clock<g>, so we all can find you there.The port side is better, since the musicians play for the sail-asay on the other side and it can get a bit loud (like the sail-away isn't loud anyway!).

Thanks!

With the cooperation of the DELTA AIRLINE pilots, we will be onboard, April 9th and will adjourn to the PORT side of the SKYBAR after the lifeboat drill. Don't think the pilots will strike before the sailing but our return April 23rd might be an adventure but we will just have to wait and see. Looking forward to meeting you all SUNDAY afternoon.

Agnes and Jim

With the cooperation of the DELTA AIRLINE pilots, we will be onboard, April 9th and will adjourn to the PORT side of the SKYBAR after the lifeboat drill. Don't think the pilots will strike before the sailing but our return April 23rd might be an adventure but we will just have to wait and see. Looking forward to meeting you all SUNDAY afternoon.

Agnes and Jim

Keeping our fingers crossed that a strike won't happen before sailing!!!

Lisa :)

>"My Mom and I are looking forward to meeting everyone on the 9th and the 16th!!"

Lisa, I am anxious to meet you two, too! I will need some restaurant recommendations for SD as well. We are having a large family wedding at Balboa Park in May and I will be entertaining many relatives. I don't think they will all fit in my room at the Hyatt.

Agnes and Jim...from what we can glean from the internet...going on Delta is no problem. We can always punt on the return. It would be awful if the problem were on the beginning of the cruise. It is hard to beleive that the pilots would be stupid enough to go out and bankrupt the airline. A job with less is better than no job.

For those worried about other airlines...no..it is just Delta pilots causing the runkus. Of course it is difficult to get major cuts..particularly on retirement.

deb:

I'm flying out of Miami on American on Sat. too...#671.

From what I gather, the Delta pilot's have "okayed" a strike; the final decision by the union has not been made (I think!). Afterwards, there's a 30 day "cooling off" period before a strike can happen. Delta travelers should be okay for the next month...or so...or even longer.

Port side/Skybar after muster is good for me! :D

Paul

Paul

we are on 795 which is the later flight as do not fly in from london until earlier saturday, so have a 7 hour delay at Miami!!!

thank you LaPaloma for the information re the strike

see you all at the sky bar

deb

>"My Mom and I are looking forward to meeting everyone on the 9th and the 16th!!"

Lisa, I am anxious to meet you two, too! I will need some restaurant recommendations for SD as well. We are having a large family wedding at Balboa Park in May and I will be entertaining many relatives. I don't think they will all fit in my room at the Hyatt.

Jane, we can definitely give you some ideas about San Diego restaurants and hotels!!

Lisa :)

Hello to all 4/9 Legend Sailors

The Sky bar prior to sail away?? or after sail way?? My vote(like it matters) is prior for Champagne and Caviar or other adult beverages.

Look for me in a base ball cap with Limon Costa Rica on it.

Looking foreward to meeting you all and the trip.

Taylor

PS any one staying at the holiday inn prioe to cruise?

Archived