spring break in Europe

Does anyone know how I can find out when European schools have their spring break, particularily Italy? We are considering a Med cruise in March or April and I would like to avoid booking at spring break time.

Thanks.

It is different in various countries.

In The netherlands it usually is the 1st week in May. Sometimes also the 2nd week.

Also around Easter schools close 1 week.

The answers given so far show you that their is no simple answer as there are so many different countries and within these many different regions.

Are you looking actually for schools (like up to 18 or so) or for colleges and universities?

Indeed in most countries school holidays are around Easter. Yet there are also some e.g. around Pentecoste and other times.

Universities have a different schedule. In Germany for example the break between the winter and summer semester ist from February to the begin of April, thus universities start this year the week before Easter.

One point you might like to know is that there is nothing like the ritualised spring break orgies of American students in Europe.

Thanks to you all, it seems that I need to avoid the Easter period, so we will book in March since Easter is April 8 in 2007. No offence to all of you with children, we had three of our own and look forward to a grandchild in October, however, having been there, and done that we now enjoy avoiding all those cuties when we are holidaying.

P.S. I came across an interesting website (which still seems to be under construction) which gives you the holidays of European countries - unfortunately nothing on school holidays yet. It is www.holidays-info.com

Archived