Hotel is covered but we need a restaurant in FLL...

bosteph

This may be a little off topic but I know that Ft Lauderdale locals frequent these boards.

We are looking for a good seafood restaurant for dinner the night before our cruise departs. We don't need fancy. An old-fashioned seafood shack would be fine. We just want quality fresh seafood.

Any recommendations? I was looking into Durty Harry's or Southport Raw Bar...

This may be a little off topic but I know that Ft Lauderdale locals frequent these boards.

Any recommendations? I was looking into Durty Harry's or Southport Raw Bar...

The tourists seem to love Bimini Boatyard, 15th Street Fisheries, Shells, etc anything in the 17th Street area.

The locals prefer the Rustic Inn. ;) http://www.rusticinn.com/

Thanks for the suggestion...

I checked out their website and it seems like there are lots of choices. I thought that I read somewhere that the place is super noisy with all of the mallets going. Is it that bad?

Rustic Inn - its quite good - but yes, that bad!!! Catfish Dewey is good but depends on where you are staying!!!

There is the Old Florida Seafood House. We go there a few times a year - it is not an old shack but is certainly traditional and the clientele is mostly of the older generation. They have very good fish and it is medium priced, but includes a good salad.

Depends on which area you are staying in.

Hi,

You didn't say where you were going to be staying, but if you take the A1A north to Pompano Beach there is a fantastic seafood restaurant that looks out over the Atlantic Ocean on N Ocean Blvd. It's called the "Sea Watch" and is very popular.

Here's a review with address and phone number. When we went at 5pm we were early enough that sometimes they have a lobster dinner special on til 6. You could give them a call to confirm and reservations are highly recommended as it can get really busy especially Fri-Sun nites.

Sea Watch Restaurant

6002 N Ocean Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL

Tel: (954) 781-2200

"With the beautiful ocean views afforded by its location on Pompano Beach, Sea Watch is the perfect destination for a romantic dinner. Choose from a menu of fresh seafood entrees prepared with a Caribbean twist."

Hope this helps, and by the way, the service is excellent with a great wine selection. Enjoy.

Ciao for now!!!

The tourists seem to love Bimini Boatyard, 15th Street Fisheries, Shells, etc anything in the 17th Street area.

The locals prefer the Rustic Inn. [/quote]

Every time that I have been at the Bimini Boatyard, it seems like the locals dominate the bar area :) .

Archived