Formal nights on the Glory

24butterfly

We're going the last week in July, and have been on cruises where on formal night, jeans and t-shirts were worn in the dining room.... (the Destiny). So--how formal are the formal nights?? Men wear tuxes or suits?? Ladies??? Thanks!! The ports are: Key West, Costa Maya, and Belize...

We will be on the 4/22 sailing to the Western Carribean. From what i've been reading on the boards I'm expecting Ma and Pa Kettle along with bib overalls, combat boots and baseball caps on backwards at dinner on formal nights. I'm not really looking forward to this cruise but am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Oh well. There is always room service and the balcony if it turns out to be a Waffle House experiance. No matter what it will be better than a day at work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

How funny......people are individuals and some see formal as something different. In all of my cruises regardless of the cruise line, there are people dressed up and people who do not want to dress up that wear whatever they feel like. Wear what you want and be happy......I am sailing on the ship on 5/20 and could careless what others wear as long as they are wearing something :)

I have to confess that my family will be one of the casually dressed ones on formal nights. However, we do not plan on eating in the main dining room those nights.

I have another question- if my husband and I dine in the Emerald Room on formal night, will we be expected to dress formally, or would we be able to get by with dressing as for church?

II have another question- if my husband and I dine in the Emerald Room on formal night, will we be expected to dress formally, or would we be able to get by with dressing as for church?

What do you wear to church, I wear jeans and a sweater to church, but that would not cut it. On formal night they would expect a jacket and tie for men, women can get away with anything that looks nice:)

In the emerald room I have seen people with casual clothes (jeans and a shirt) to people totally dressed (tuxes and gowns) It really is what you are comfortable in. I think that people are too much into what others do. I enjoy dressing up because I work in scrubs all day long so I like to dress up. But for some people going on vacation is all about dressing down.

What others wear does not affect me or my dinner so who really cares. You will be fine as long as it is not offensive attire and you are dressed.

Enjoy your cruise, that is what it is all about :) You will not be out of place regardless of what you choose to wear.

HOllipop,

How can you say that you are not looking forward to a CRUISE!!!

Why even bother being on this website then.:mad:

I think that the attire in the dining room should be semi formal, but there are people who do not like to dress up so whatever floats your boat:)

We did not see anyone not dressed for dinner when we were on the Glory. Now, we were also in the very last seating. Most families with children had the earlier seatings, so we did not see any families. I never understood why people care about this - does it really affect YOU if someone else wears inappropriate clothes? Does it make your food taste worse? As DST says, does it really matter? As long as they are wearing SOMETHING! ;) Now, if someone is asking so they know what to wear that is appropriate, that's a whole other thing.

Beth: Did you have dinner in the Emerald room; I was thinkingo f doing that one night and was wondering if we should do it on a formal night, if they do anything special? How was the food overall.....

Thanks

No, we did not go to the Emerald Room. We considered it, but decided not to. We never had a problem finding something to try on the regular dinner menu each night. Food overall was ok, there were some challenges, but I believe most of those were due to the fact that it was the first cruise out of dry dock. Lot's of new crew to the Glory and green/never worked on a cruise ship before crew when we were on. Seems to be better after reviews we have seen now.

We enjoyed the formal nights, food was delicious - lobster tails and prime rib were to die for. We had a great vacation!

Archived