please do not flame me

VICKIVICKI

To me, not having the slide open or not having the pool filled for half the trip is a very big deal. Same as leaving out at 2100 hrs or having to miss a port. You are paying for a service that they should be held accountable to provide or you should be compensated and not some measly 25.00 dollars either.

We missed Grand Cayman last year since Hurricane Dennis was headed in our direction. While folks were disappointed, I didn't hear a single complaint - no one wanted to be in the path of a hurricane! It certainly wasn't the cruise line's fault.

Wow-I answered your question earlier today and was checking back to see if there was anything else I could help with and I must say I am amazed at the attitudes on this site.....from the "RV" man who thinks that is the better way to go and the people who think that if you say something nice about Carnival you must be a TA.

I do not own an RV and I am not a TA; I am someone who has cruised for 10 years and have gone on all of the major crusie lines and I have sailed Carnival several times, not becasue they are cheap but because I like what they offer. I like the ports they stop at and the staff has always been WONDERFUL! I have cruised other lines (not to be named) and did not get as good of service; that is why I cruise on Carnival. I can afford (as some of you put it) more expensive cruise lines....I choose not to.

I expect Carnival at some point to not be as good as the last cruise, or have an issue with my waiter, or have a room steward that is not as good as my first one etc....but if you go out to eat enough, fly enough or live life enough you will at some point have an experience less satisfying than the last....that is what life is made up of!

You will have a wonderful time on your cruise, and you may enjoy some parts of it more than others but all in all make your own opinions and leave the negativity for those who seem to live that sort of life. As far as I am concerned they should stay in their RV's or take a vaction off the ship so that we don't have to hear them.

You will love your cruise.......

I think everyone is cranky because of the rain and the fact that they are sitting home or work on the internet instead of laying out in the sunshine on a ships deck drinking a margarita.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

You'll have a great time if you have the right attitude. If you look for trouble (anywhere) you'll likely find some. Enjoy your cruise, and also enjoy my favorite part, the planning beforehand!

Archived