Photoshow Tahitian Princess

lhbsurf

Laura: I just saw this today and loved your slide show. We leave in 2 1/2 months for our cruises and I can't wait. We have an OW Motu bungalow at the IC and it sounds like we made a good choice. Thank you for all the information. Glad we have Marc's booked for the picnic, everyone raves about it, and glad to hear you loved it also.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures.

The snorkeling on the motu was very good!!! Better than at the hotel. There was also a non-hotel owned restaurant on the motu - we wished we had known as we would have enjoyed a lunch there - we only had our room key, thinking it was "deserted". It wasn't, but had very few people on it. It was a bargain!! They let us off on a motu directly opposite those who had paid $67 for the "picnic". There were several hundred people there (Tahitian Princess was there) - we paid about $10 and had a wonderful time. We almost did it again the day we were there on the ship, but decided to rent a car instead.

There seemed to be good snorkeling at a beach very near the ship - I've forgotten the name. We also went to the public beach near the Sofitel (being renovated). The snorkeling was pretty good there, but the current was strong.

lhbsurf,

Great photos, reminds me of our honeymoon to Moorea and Bora Bora in 2004.

I see that you had dinner at Aito? What did you think of the restaurant? I don't know if we would have eaten there had we seen it from the exterior prior to arriving for dinner. Turned out to be a good meal and a lot of fun. The owner sure was a funny old guy.

lhbsurf,

Great photos, reminds me of our honeymoon to Moorea and Bora Bora in 2004.

I see that you had dinner at Aito? What did you think of the restaurant? I don't know if we would have eaten there had we seen it from the exterior prior to arriving for dinner. Turned out to be a good meal and a lot of fun. The owner sure was a funny old guy.

It was a hoot!!! The food was great - the Intercontinental Concierge didn't think he would come pick us up, but she tried anyway - it was a slow Sunday evening, I guess. Mr. Baptiste came to pick us up in a beat up Mercedes with a Shotgun in the back window. We laughed and had the best time. He had recommendations for us - we took them and weren't disappointed.

We told him we'd read about his restaurant in Jan Prince's Guidebook - he said she had been in earlier in the day to eat, just returning from Australia/NZ. The food was phenomenal!!! We ended up being his only customers for the evening - I get the feeling it may be more of a lunch spot, especially on Sunday - the view would be lovely. After dinner, his wife joined us on the way back to the hotel - she was a delight as well.

Truly a night to remember, it was one of the highlights of our trip - one you don't usually get on a cruise!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

It was a hoot!!! The food was great - the Intercontinental Concierge didn't think he would come pick us up, but she tried anyway - it was a slow Sunday evening, I guess. Mr. Baptiste came to pick us up in a beat up Mercedes with a Shotgun in the back window. We laughed and had the best time. He had recommendations for us - we took them and weren't disappointed.

We told him we'd read about his restaurant in Jan Prince's Guidebook - he said she had been in earlier in the day to eat, just returning from Australia/NZ. The food was phenomenal!!! We ended up being his only customers for the evening - I get the feeling it may be more of a lunch spot, especially on Sunday - the view would be lovely. After dinner, his wife joined us on the way back to the hotel - she was a delight as well.

Truly a night to remember, it was one of the highlights of our trip - one you don't usually get on a cruise!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Little story about our adventure at Aito...

Another honeymoon couple at our hotel we'd befriended asked if we'd like to go to dinner, we agreed and the front desk suggested Aito. We said ok and they said the restaurant would send someone to pick us up at 7pm. At 7 a van pulled up and we asked if she was from Aito, she said yes and off we went. Well, she was from another restaurant and she took us back around the other side of Cooks Bay to "her" restaurant. We said we wanted to go back to Aito, so she said get back in the van.

In piles two drunk Australian couples and we have to take them back to the Sofitel first. We come back to her place (can't remember the name) and she says someone from Aito will pick us up. Ten minutes later a beater Mercedes pulls up with our host. He says he's been looking for us. We gladly jump in and he pulls into his restaurant, trying not to run over the puppies in the driveway.

We're the only ones in the restaurant, and like you, we order his suggestions for dinner. Meanwhile the puppy is pulling tablecloths off all the tables and chewing on our feet. Mid-way through dinner, in walks a huge crab and stands right in the middle of the place. The owner takes off his shirt and chases the crab around the restaurant for a good 10 minutes. He finally brings it to our table to show us. We have some great pictures of us, the shirtless owner and the crab!

All in all, it was one of the best nights of our trip. Great dinner, even better dessert. Glad you enjoyed it too.

LOL!!!! I don't have any trouble picturing the whole incident!!!

I can see why Jan Prince so enjoys place, it's an adventure every time!!! Still, I love the authentic experiences - sounds like you all did too.

Thanks for sharing the story!!

P.S. I think the puppies have grown up, we saw at least two dogs while we were there, but they must have mellowed a bit - no chewing!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Your slide show was the inspiration for our 25th anniversary trip. DH wasn't convinced about Tahiti until I sent him your show. Now, apparently, there are loads of folks from his office looking into Tahiti! (I think that your photo show could be a great commercial for the TP/Tahiti!)

Thanks for posting this. I'm having a tough time waiting until October. Until then, I guess I'll just have to watch your show again and again!

Thanks for sharing your vacation photos Laura! We took the September 21 sailing last year to the Cooks and loved it so much we're going back again this year to the Marquesas. I'd have to agree with you about the waverunners in Bora Bora! Absolutely thrilling!:) We stayed 3 nights in #481 OTW bungalow ICB Tahiti precruise and almost hated leaving to start the cruise.:rolleyes: We also decided to do two days post cruise in Moorea this time around....just too hard leaving so quickly after traveling around in "paradise on earth". Thanks again for the great photo show, I've been showing it to all my family and friends!! Your quite a pro!:D

Thanks for all the compliments - but I have to let you in on a secret. The photoshow software is a free download from Comcast (we have their internet service). It is SO easy, nothing like powerpoint. It puts the show together for you and you just change what you want - I only changed the music and added words. Makes you look like a genius!!!!

Thanks for sharing your vacation photos Laura! We took the September 21 sailing last year to the Cooks and loved it so much we're going back again this year to the Marquesas. I'd have to agree with you about the waverunners in Bora Bora! Absolutely thrilling!:) We stayed 3 nights in #481 OTW bungalow ICB Tahiti precruise and almost hated leaving to start the cruise.:rolleyes: We also decided to do two days post cruise in Moorea this time around....just too hard leaving so quickly after traveling around in "paradise on earth". Thanks again for the great photo show, I've been showing it to all my family and friends!! Your quite a pro!:D

My husband was warning me that this was a "once in a lifetime" trip. I wouldn't agree because I loved everything about the place - I knew I would make it back somehow. He finally came around while we were sitting on the deck of the OWB - said we'll DEFINITELY make it back here !!!! I'm sure it won't be next year (we have teenagers!!!) - but we will make it back again!!!!!:D :D Iwant to hear how you like the Marquesas - I'd like to do that next. Maybe a B2B for the third trip!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you soooo much for your amazing slide show. We are on the 7/2/06 cruise and will also be staying at the Papeete IC in one of the Bungalows. Your presentation with music has made it hard to focus on anything else.

Zay gezunt

• 11 months later...
Here's a link to some photos from our March 20 Tahitian Princess Cruise.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/hB5xu6Yt

Review has been submitted to Cruise Critic as well.

We would love to see this but we are not comcast members. Is there any way to view this witout being a comcast member?

We are on the TP in July - Tahati to Hawaii and would love to see what everyone one is raving about.

Thanks. You can email me at Cindy@pro-staff.biz

Has your Comcast photoshow expired? I would love to see your pictures (especially after seeing all the other posters' raves!), but I get an error message saying that this gallery wasn't found... Thanks in advance!

Sorry - I haven't been checking the boards as much lately -- planning a trip to Las Vegas and next summer cruise to Alaska.

They made some upgrades to the software and the link quit working. Here's a new one...it takes a few minutes to load (don't despair if you see a black screen...about when I thought it wasn't working, it finished loading and began to flash across the screen), but was working fine...if I upload it correctly. You all will have a wonderful time...It was the trip of my lifetime so far - we can't wait to get back!!!!!

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/tC8iI8EE

cid:024d8cea18ed018267939820f6fb8bb6

I didn't want your photoshow to end!! (Probably like you didn't want your trip to end!)

Ours is coming so soon, it seems surreal that it's only 18 days away!!

If you need any help planning your trip to Vegas, let me know, I live here!

I didn't want your photoshow to end!! (Probably like you didn't want your trip to end!)

Ours is coming so soon, it seems surreal that it's only 18 days away!!

If you need any help planning your trip to Vegas, let me know, I live here!

Would you e-mail me at LHBsurf@comcast.net? I have never been to Vegas before and have some (probably) very beginner questions.

Laura

Always fun watching your slide show Laura! Your last sunset picture (the clouds) reminds me of that giant snail in Dr. Doolittle.:D

I do see the likeness to a snail...though I can't recall that from Dr. Doolittle...it's been too long and I probably didn't pay much attention.

Your wedding and trip is coming soon...guess you're getting excited!!! I would be;)

Archived