New York Pier Question

soweto

Hi Everyone,

We are planning on parking our car at the pier when going on our Dawn cruise. How easy is it to get our luggage from the car to the cruise? We are travelling with a young child and a baby, so you can imagine how much stuff we have to pack including bringing a stroller and luggage for all of us. Thanks in advance for any information.

Candi:)

Whatever you do, don't park your car and then attempt to bring your luggage to the entrance. On the 12-22-05 holiday cruise we got there very early (due to the transit strike) and made the mistake of carting all of our luggage down to the terminal (which was FAR from the lot - I believe the lot is at 88 and we were at 90 or vice versa).

Thanks for all your responses. It seems much easier than we imagined.

Candi

Drop all passengers and luggage by the porter.

Porters will help you with the luggage and kiddies!

Your driver (dh) WILL find you in the terminal:)

It does work!

Drop all passengers and luggage by the porter.

Porters will help you with the luggage and kiddies!

Your driver (dh) WILL find you in the terminal:)

It does work!

Just pick a spot to meet inside. The snackbar is to your left when you enter and the freight elevator that goes to the parking deck is to your right.

Normally you will park ontop of the same pier you leave from making it very easy. Worst case the next pier about a 100 yards away.

Here is a picture standing infront of the doors to pier 88, Even on the worst of days getting to the parking ramp is easy:)

1043529396_parkingramp.jpg.ac92b7639e297968bb6319bd95c6ec73.jpg

shoreguy....

after looking at your picture, I hope you went somewhere warm on that cruise! I could not believe that I was driving to work yesterday in the snow(CT)!

That was the 2/12 blizzard cruise. Our first port was Liberty Island. :D We anchored in the harbor until the fuel barge could complete operations the next morning - after that no problem mon

The view from my backdoor yesterday morning:eek:

APRIL.jpg.84df056fe427a6f458ea6fdc055539f0.jpg

That was the 2/12 blizzard cruise. Our first port was Liberty Island. :D We anchored in the harbor until the fuel barge could complete operations the next morning - after that no problem mon

The view from my backdoor yesterday morning:eek:

WOW that was alot of snow! and you said that was from yesterday?? here I am complaining of the cold temps and a few flurries!

Just pick a spot to meet inside. The snackbar is to your left when you enter and the freight elevator that goes to the parking deck is to your right.

Normally you will park ontop of the same pier you leave from making it very easy. Worst case the next pier about a 100 yards away.

Here is a picture standing infront of the doors to pier 88, Even on the worst of days getting to the parking ramp is easy:)

Thanks for your response Shoreguy!

I think my husband will drop me and the kids off with all the luggage and then go and park. It seems like this part of the trip wont be as hard as we thought it would be!

Going, do what has already been suggested. Drop everyone, except driver, off at the curb. Give porter the luggage. Arrange to meet the driver inside in front of the snack bar. Driver goes to the roof, pays, and parks the car where told.

On the return, simply walk all of you and your luggage through Customs & Immigration, and go up the freight elevator to your car. All of you go up. It's so easy! If you really have a lot of stuff, try asking a porter to accompany you with his cart.

We've parked on the roof of the NY Cruiseship Terminal many times.

Going, do what has already been suggested. Drop everyone, except driver, off at the curb. Give porter the luggage. Arrange to meet the driver inside in front of the snack bar. Driver goes to the roof, pays, and parks the car where told.

On the return, simply walk all of you and your luggage through Customs & Immigration, and go up the freight elevator to your car. All of you go up. It's so easy! If you really have a lot of stuff, try asking a porter to accompany you with his cart.

We've parked on the roof of the NY Cruiseship Terminal many times.

How much does it cost to park at the Terminal? Is it very expensive?

We parked there while cruising in the fall of 2004. I remember that the total cost for the entire stay was $108, and as I believe we were on a 9 night cruise, the daily charge would be $12. Of course, it may have changed since then. I recall an excellent website for Port Liberty -- sorry I don't remember the exact "internet address." The whole process was painless from beginning to end, and to think how I fretted about this beforehand!! Have a GREAT trip!:cool:

How much does it cost to park at the Terminal? Is it very expensive?

Very reasonable for NYC !

http://www.nypst.com/

PARKING RATES

Cruise Parking (Multi-Day Passengers) $24.00 Per Day

Daily Rate (Up to 10 Hours) (Drop Offs/Visitors) $22.00

Overnight Rate (per 24 Hours) $25.00

Monthly Rate (For Parking in Excess of 8 Days) $180.00

Taxes are included in the Rates.

Payment accepted in Cash or Travelers’ Checks.

Visa and MasterCard Accepted.

Reservations are not accepted.

For P&O Parking Information, call

(212) 641-4454

Archived