Secret doors?

lookin4ward

I believe the term refers to the door that leads to the forward deck, the bow. It is off-limits to passengers, and sometimes inaccessible- I mean, locked.

On the Elation, my daughter and I made a small effort to locate it. We peeked through some doors we shouldn't have. The closest we got was one that said "Crew Lounge". We might've found the right door but I wimped out. My DD was willing but I didn't want to finish out the cruise in the brig. "Know what I'm saying...?" :cool:

I dont see a door access on the Legend.

But the triumph if you look at the deck plans and see the forward cabins across the front of the ship... on either side is a door that will take you to the front of the ship- (they start on deck 6) very quiet out there

Anybody know if there are "secret doors" on the Destiny? We board her in 26 days..........SEMPER FI...:D

Yes, I haven't seen anything about secret doors on the Destiny either... June 25th for me :D

And I feel a bit foolish asking this, but what does "semper fi" mean :confused:

"semper fi" mean :confused:

Always Faithful... Tet-- Are you a Marine?

Yes, there is a secret door on the Destiny--

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=DE&deckCode=6

see the cabins across the front-- 6106 etc.. the doors is on the left side of the hall way there- you can not see it from the hall.

this is empress deck outside the door.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548278080/2523361550062547426dCCJGH

the door takes you to the front of the ship. Some ships have their crew stuff there--like their hot tubs /pools http://community.webshots.com/photo/548278080/2338879660062547426WJHABg

Yes, I haven't seen anything about secret doors on the Destiny either...

Destiny is in essence the same layout as the Triumph Class, which is a smaller version of the newer Conquest Class, so access is in the same place on all. Go as far forward as possible on decks 6, 7, 9, & 10 (Deck 8 forward is the Bridge) and look for a short hall way with a door (like to one in duck's picture). These really aren't "secret" doors; it's just that not that many people know that they are there. The forward open decks are public areas, and yes it is quiet up there. Just be prepared, its also very windy.

As far as Spirit Class Ships (Legend) go, their forward open decks are not hidden, therefore usually pretty busy. Especially when coming into, or leaving port. I don't recall any "secret doors" Legend.

Can someone please tell me exactly what are the "secret doors"?

Let me give you some advice to closely consider the options when you take advice about a door from a total stranger via the Internet.

We have cruised on Carnival and RCCL several times, are Gold and Diamond respectively and I took the bad advice from somone on these boards.

The claims of a door from the theatre aboard the Elation led me to a private crew only deck, complete with crew pool and the ships bell.

While the experience was nice, the visit with the ships security officer was not as fun as I had hoped...

Passenger areas are clearly marked.

Bill -- what decks can we go out on the front on the Spirit class ships

9, 10, & 11 (if you don't mind being on the jogging track ;) ) which are all public decks anyway. Although Legend is still our favorite ship so far, the forward public decks provided by the Destiny/Triumph/Conquest classes are kind of nice, and as I said before, not very busy. Here is some proof from our last night at sea on Valor. And this should give you an idea of the difference. C-Mom in front of Legend in St Maarten and a shot of Valor in St Maarten. The Spirit Class is just plain solid below the Bridge.

One correction from my earlier post. On the Conquest Class, at least, there is access to Deck 5's Forward area as well. I'm just not sure if it is strictly via the stairs, or if there is doorway access as well. Never actually made it down there.

we were just on the Destiny in january and our cabin was on the Upper deck and the number was 6112. three doors down from us were the "secret doors". there is a door that leads to the inside of the ship and is clearly marked "crew only" and there is a door next to that door which leadss to the front of the ship and it is the "secret" area. it is open to passengers there is a sign that warns passengers at night to watch their footing because there are no lights out there related to "navigational purposes". it is very peaceful and you can see so many stars.

Our family went out the "secret door" on the Victory on deck 6 and enjoyed the sail away from Miami all by ourselves. Not another soul was there! Just go to the extreme front of the ship...there are doors on both sides that lead out to the deck area. There was even a cute bench with "Carnival Victory" carved into the back.

122305934_IMG_0305(WinCE).jpg.45b84a336f9d8906e9d4ed01a8192a68.jpg

1335675444_IMG_0312(WinCE).jpg.d9f64a513bcf3ce86b513bdebe53b9d6.jpg

Archived