First Fantasy, then Sensation... NOW ELATION?

heyitsmejudy

I got an email telling me I was switched ... then I found this on the Web in a news story? So am I really on the Elation in December? Seems to me the Carnival people don't even know. This will be my first sailing on Carnival and I'm not jazzed and am still on dry land. I don't mean to chap all you folks who come to Carnival's defense, but this has me mighty confused.

The itinerary swap between the Fantasy and Sensation will last through Oct. 23 -- when the Sensation originally was scheduled to be replaced at Port Canaveral by the Carnival ship Elation, and the Sensation was supposed to return to New Orleans.

Instead, the Fantasy will go to New Orleans in October, with the Sensation staying at Port Canaveral to continue the three- and four-day trips to Nassau and Freeport in the Bahamas.

The Elation will take over the four- and five-day trips to the Bahamas and Grand Turk when it arrives at Port Canaveral in the fall, Carnival said.

Sounds like they are just trying to figure out how to use the best ships for each cruise, without having to cancel any of them.

If CCL didn't know, who did you get the email from?

I'd just as soon them figure out which ship is best for each cruise BEFORE I got on it, thank you very much.

I got the email from Carnival. THEN I did a Google News search "Carnival Sensation." What I found "ain't purty." The three paragraphs I pasted in my OP was attributed to Carnival. While I've been told I'm on Sensation come December, that quote from the Carnival folks says I'm on Elation.

Judy- I'm sure it's frustrating. About all you can do for now is make yourself a cruise drink, put on some steel drum music, and sit out in the sun and think about what a great cruise you're going to have onboard the MS FanSensElation. :cool:

I'm sure it will be worked out well before you go.

Archived