Chase Suites Tampa Review

momofzeke

We stayed at the Chase Suites on their Ship & Shore Package last week before our 3/26/06 Miracle cruise. We arrived in Tampa, went to baggage claim and found the courtesy phone bank with all the hotels listed. I called Chase Suites, and within about 10 minutes the van arrived to pick us up and take us to the hotel. The driver told us he would take us anywhere we wanted to go, within 4 miles of the hotel, but it was late and we didn't use that service. We registered, and signed up for the 11:30 shuttle to the port the next day. They gave me a business card so I would have their phone number when we got back into Tampa after the cruise, for the return shuttle to the airport.

We had a 2-bedroom suite, which 5 of us fit into nicely. There is a small kitchen with all the appliances and dishes, silverware, etc. A small living room with tv and a pull out sofa which our 20-year old son slept on and said it was pretty comfy. The bedrooms were good sized, one downstairs and one upstairs. Each had a queen-sized bed, a tv, a desk, dresser with drawers, a closet. The suite was very clean and comfortable.

We went next door to Bahama Breeze restaurant. It was very good, but a 2-hour wait. There were a few other restaurants fairly nearby. One was a seafood restaurant and we spoke to people who had a good meal there and not as long a wait.

The morning of the cruise, we had breakfast in the lobby of the hotel. A nice breakfast with fruit, cold cereals, instant hot cereal, muffins and danish, waffles, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, milk. We went back to the lobby at 11:15 for our 11:30 shuttle to the port. He was waiting for us, so we loaded up and were on our way.

When we arrived back in Tampa from our cruise, I called the Chase Suites for the shuttle back to the airport. Within about 15 - 20 minutes, he was there and we got to the airport quickly.

I would definitely reccommend this hotel for cruise passengers. Just be sure you ask for the "ship & shore" package, which includes the transportation from airport to hotel / hotel to pier / pier to airport. I didn't see a lot of the surrounding area, since it was dark when we arrived in Tampa. Didn't see the pool. We were there for such a short time. It is a very clean hotel, and the transportation package is a great value.

Thanks for the review. We booked this hotel for the night before our cruise on April 23. Got alot of great advice from Cracker Ken on these boards. We also thought about going to Bahama Breeze for dinner but unsure about the wait. Do you remember what the name of the seafood restaurant is? We might need a back up plan. Thanks for your help!

Dave & Shelly ~ I think the seafood restaurant was Lowry's or something like that. Started with an L (I think). Didn't pay that much attention because I don't like seafood. It is farthur away than the Bahama Breeze, but still within walking distance.

Josie ~ we paid $229 for a 2-bedroom suite with 5 adults. They also have 1-bedroom suites. Since we would not have fit into a regular taxi with 5 adults and all our luggage, it saved us money over what a taxi van would have cost.

MDavis ~ breakfast: I didn't see any eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, but they did have waffles (the kind that you pour the pre-mixed batter in and make yourself). They really had a pretty nice variety.

Momofzeke - Thanks for your help. We're hoping to make it to the Bahama Breeze but this will give us a backup-plan.

Josie - We were quoted $189.00 for the ship and shore package for 4 adults on April 22nd. I believe that is a AAA rate. We will let you know when we return.

We are also staying at Chase Suites on 4/22 before our Miracle Cruise, We dont arrive until 8pm but are also staying here post cruise hope to use the pool then and just ahave a day of relaxation, well maybe if anyone is still awake when we arrive will see our fellow cruisers in the lobby (Bar?)

I am going to call and see about that $139.00 SHIP TO SHORE package for the 3rd of May. That would be perfect for us but the only question I would have is it is DH and I and the "little one" well she's 8 but a couch for her is fine and I did see in my research that the sofa pulls out to a bed and that children under 17 stay free...Has anyone else any info on this? They will pick you up at the airport / bring you to the pier and when the cruise is over pick you up and bring you to either the airport or back to the hotel. I think this is how I read it . I suppose I am only a phone call away from booking this place for the night before the cruise....Will let you know...thanks for all the info

I am going to call and see about that $139.00 SHIP TO SHORE package for the 3rd of May. That would be perfect for us but the only question I would have is it is DH and I and the "little one" well she's 8 but a couch for her is fine and I did see in my research that the sofa pulls out to a bed and that children under 17 stay free...Has anyone else any info on this? They will pick you up at the airport / bring you to the pier and when the cruise is over pick you up and bring you to either the airport or back to the hotel. I think this is how I read it . I suppose I am only a phone call away from booking this place for the night before the cruise....Will let you know...thanks for all the info

Yes, the sofa pulls out to a bed. Our 20 year old son slept on it, and he said it was fine. They pick you up at the airport, take you to the pier, and after the cruise is over they pick you up and take you to either the hotel or airport, you are correct about that. I don't know about the kids stay free thing, because all of us were over 18.

Dave & Shelly ~ I think the seafood restaurant was Lowry's or something like that. Started with an L (I think). Didn't pay that much attention because I don't like seafood. It is farthur away than the Bahama Breeze, but still within walking distance.

The seafood restaurant was called LANDRY'S. (Hey, I was close!) :)

We really enjoyed our pre cruise stay at the Chase. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find anything comparable in Fort Lauderdale.

We ate at the Bahama Breeze but when we were picked up at the airport the driver told us there was a courtesy shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel.

Our wait at BB was about 45-60 minutes but since we could sit and drink and ANTICIPATE we didn't care.

I think the Chase ship to shore package is a real deal.

Once again I didn't dare do the "priceline thing" Went ahead and called and they said $139.00 for the ship and shore package. So Im happy with that. I shall let you know how it goes in a few weeks. Im not all about spending ALOT of $$ for the pre-night nor am I willing to start a vacation out in something not SO drab or un safe or something that makes me cringe. So far LOTS of people have been saying this is a good deal...So I jumped on the wagon...............we shall see.......ohh 25 days~!!!!!!!!

<If only there was someone around me that could understand my excitement and join me on that> Oh now THERE IS another NEW topic!!! Hehe maybe that will help me................

We are also staying at Chase Suites on 4/22 before our Miracle Cruise, We dont arrive until 8pm but are also staying here post cruise hope to use the pool then and just ahave a day of relaxation, well maybe if anyone is still awake when we arrive will see our fellow cruisers in the lobby (Bar?)

We may see you then. We arrive around 7:30 and then dinner so if we are not dead after traveling all day will see you there. If not we plan on heading to ship around 11:00 am on Sunday and will meet up then.

Thanks again. I remember reading some of your posts before you sailed. It looks like you went on the Pride in March 2004. We were on the ship from Feb 29 - Mar 6. Sounds like it was just before you went.

Yes, we were on the Pride March 21 - 28, 2004. If you loved the Pride (as we did), you will love the Miracle! They are sister ships and are very, very similar in layout. Have a fun cruise!

Archived