What to do in Belize?

NCTarheelsCruiser

We did cave tubing with Tom *********. Excellent excursion. We would have been very dissapointed to miss it. Several others we know did the snorkel and beach break excursion through RC. They were very pleased with it. If we ever go back to Belize that is probably the next excursion we would do. Cavetubing is a once in a lifetime excursion.

Love your screen name!

2 years ago I did a New River safari and Lamanai excursion. The river trip was great, the food was great, and the ruins were terrific! We had an excellent guide. There was the opportunity to shop near the end of the trip and I purchased a very interesting carved and painted wooden ram mask to add to my mask collection and also a carving of a medicine man on a piece of slate. I actually booked this through the cruiseline [Princess] because it was a long excursion and the time was a bit tight. My friend did a snorkel excursion through the cruiseline on one of the cays and enjoyed it tremendously.

Last year we also went there on another cruiseline {NCL}. We booked a hike and cave tubing through X-treme. It was a fabulous day: 45 min. rainforest hike which included hike through some caves and then tubing on the river and through 2 more caves. Again our guide couldn't have been better. It was a small group [4]. We had lunch after that which was excellent. We got beck to the port in time for a beer at the Wet Lizard and some shopping in the small shopping area.

Have a great cruise and whatever you choose, it is a great place. We will be back there in November on the NCL Sun and are planning to snorkel and then go to Caye Caulker.

Trying to decide what to do in Belize, we will be traveling on RCI Explorer of the Seas later this month. What is your favorite excursion you have done in Belize, and or can anyone recommend a good beach to spend the day at? Thanks in advance for your replies.

We just returned from our cruise yesterday on the Carnival Miracle. Belize was by far our favorite island. We booked a snorkel tour through Coral Breeze at Caye Caulker. It was fantastic!!! Caye Caulker is the coolest little island and very laid back. Our tour was 5 hours but I wanted it to last forever. Snorkeling at Coral Gardens was breathtaking and swimming with the nurse sharks and stingrays a once in a lifetime experience. There were only nine people on this tour, plus our two guides. These are the kinds of tours I like!

I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'd be happy to answer them.

Guest derry,nh

We were on NCL in March and my husband did a snorkelling trip out to shark and stingray alley and then onto San Pedro for lunch and he said it was great. Not being a snorkeler, I opted for New River Safarai and Lamanai ruins. That was outstanding and could actually climb up one of the temples. we both agreed that Belize was the best port of call out of Cozumel, Roatan and Belize.:)

If you have never been to Belize, by all means go cavetubing. This is one of the few places where it can be done. Don't get me wrong. We love to snorkel but we can snorkel in Costa Maya, Coz , Calica, Honduras, Guatemala, Jamaica or the Caymans, but I don't know any other place to cavetube. Can anyone correct me on this?

I wanted to cave tube in Belize in the worst way but several past posters had written about snakes, spiders and green stuff in the water....It was enough to talk myself out of it. So what is the scoop with all of you...you sound like you had a good time.

Chris, We didn't see any snakes, spiders, birds or animals of any kind. Honestly, it was strange to me that we were in a rain forest that was devoid of animal life. I don't know if it was the time of year (January) or if there simply wasn't any animal life there. The tubing was great and I would recommend it to anyone, but you must realize that we were there in the winter and conditions could be completely different in the summer.

Trying to decide what to do in Belize, we will be traveling on RCI Explorer of the Seas later this month. What is your favorite excursion you have done in Belize, and or can anyone recommend a good beach to spend the day at? Thanks in advance for your replies.

JUUST GOT BACK FROM BELIZE ON RCCL--DID THE CAVE TUBEING AND THE ZIP LINE!!! WHAT A RUSH---WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!!

I wanted to cave tube in Belize in the worst way but several past posters had written about snakes, spiders and green stuff in the water....It was enough to talk myself out of it. So what is the scoop with all of you...you sound like you had a good time.

NAH--DIDNT SEE ANY SNAKES OR SPIDERS OR ANYTHING EITHER!!!

Just returned from the Explorer - try ATV tour however do book the early morning excursion, they are not too good with time management, so you do not want to stress over getting back to the ship on time.....enjoy...

We went on a trip to see the Baboon Sancturary. This wouldn't be a good trip for those looking for lots of adventure but it was a nice way to see some of the countryside. The small office where the sancturary is has some interesting things to look at. We booked our excursion with Darvyn Williams with Belizetours@2Die4. He was very attentive and drove a clean, cool van. We had a small group of 5 and the tour lasted about 3 hours. The howler monkeys have free rein of the forest land that several landowners have. Our guide held a piece of banana in her hand and a family of monkeys came right down out of the trees to get their treat. You could touch them and they stayed within a few feet of us for a long time before wandering back up into the trees.

Archived