Woman dinner clothing ???

deb380

Is a capri outfit acceptable for dinner?

Not a flame, but a tip to improve the boards, try and run a search for something like this, if you type in "capri pants" there are 50 threads where this is discussed, ooops, now 51 because of this one.

That helps to keep the boards clean and let us discuss more interesting topics like smuggling booze, shorts, and the funnel deck:p

you bet I do! But I don't want anyone to go postal on me. Uh oH!!

Nah. No on will go postal on ya. (The only reason I tried to steer you away from the jeans thing in the other thread is because around here the only thing that will get people fur up faster than the smoking and smuggling debates is the Jeans in the Dining Room debacle.)

Now I am going to get slammed by the postman!

OK. This time I'm the one SO not going there. :eek: :p ;) :D

Tis so sad that the simple things in life like jeans, booze and smoking set people off. There is more important things going on in the world to ruffle their feathers so to speak! Oh no! here I go again! Wait what thread am I on?? womans pantsuits or something like that? Sorry, for a moment I had a brain fart! Won't happen again. I apologize!

rvrgirl

No need to apologize. It can get confusing remembering what thread you’re in when you are in the middle of a thread hijack. Believe me, I should know. ;) And I know where you are coming from as far a people getting worked up goes. I just try to remember that I am on a board dedicated to CRUISING!!! Woo Hoo.

chrly

Hey, who am I to make any judgments regarding the goings on between rvrgirl and her postman? Right? That’s between them. Sounds kind of interesting though…….

Caribbean Dad, thanks for clearing that up for me! I'm all for the cruisin too! But some people just bust my #alls, if I had some.

And as for my postman - well let's just say it's all in the delivery! If you know what I mean!

All kidding aside, this is a great board with lots of great info!

Thanks!!

Oh yeah, as far as womens wear goes. Pantsuits are great, even if they are denim!

Did Deb get scared away?

My two cents ... don't wear something to the dining room for dinner that you would wear to a fast food restaurant. (I am so afraid that this is going to get misinterpreted somehow.

Ach! who cares)

What about a silver catsuit? I have this gorgeous one that I found on a great website that I was thinking of wearing with some cute stilettos and some cute jewelry.

JUST KIDDING!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Annnd, I'm done.

(Could you imagine the looks I'd get though?)

Did Deb get scared away?

My two cents ... don't wear something to the dining room for dinner that you would wear to a fast food restaurant. (I am so afraid that this is going to get misinterpreted somehow.

Ach! who cares)

I'm not sure exactly what you meant by this. Anyway, in the pamphlet that came with my cruise docs the dress code specifically mentions capri pants as being acceptable casual dinner attire for ladies.

Nope didn't get scared away. I have alot of last minute things to get done. Trying to get the kids packed first.

Thanks for all the info. I just didn't want to weat a dress every night.

I'm not sure exactly what you meant by this.

People started getting silly (because that's what I'm here for) and I just noticed that the OP has not posted anything since the beginning of the thread. After reading some of this stuff, you can get scared to post anything.

Aw, you just go ahead and wear them capri thingys. But, my personal take on them is they are akin to what we used to call "high water pants" on boys who were outgrowing their long pants.

I bet for a couple of dollars more you can get some that actually go down to the ankle. :)

Mark T

rvrgirl

No need to apologize. It can get confusing remembering what thread you’re in when you are in the middle of a thread hijack. Believe me, I should know. ;) And I know where you are coming from as far a people getting worked up goes. I just try to remember that I am on a board dedicated to CRUISING!!! Woo Hoo.

chrly

Hey, who am I to make any judgments regarding the goings on between rvrgirl and her postman? Right? That’s between them. Sounds kind of interesting though…….

Caribbean Dad: How were you able to add the glitter signature? I went to the web - copied and pasted the link in my signature box and all I was able to see is the link address.

Make sure you copy the "Forum Hotlink" (second option down) code and not the HTML (First option) code. Also make sure you get the entire thing. If this doesn't work, let me know. Good luck.

Oh, and something I rarely do......get back on topic....

Yes, Capri's can be very sexy on the right pair of legs...especially C-Mom's.

Can be rather sexy too - showing a little leg? :rolleyes:

"Can be" being the operative phrase there. Alas, most of the capris I see are just window dressing for the great big ham hocks that lie below.

Archived