How to choose Hawaii ship?

Tomct

I've been asked what the main differences are between the three NCL ship choices, noting the exclusion of the Wind. I'm first taking the lazy way to responding, by throwing it out here rather than digging in myself like I would normally do. I'd be interested in what differences to consider among departure dates, locations, itinerary, price, and ship features, among other hot buttons CC'ers may have.

Thanks for your help in getting me started!

[Our first cruise was on the Norwegian Star, which was a seven day cruise which included Fanning Island. The cruise was a great start for us, but served as an Hawaiian "tease". Fortunately we spend three extra days in Oahu. The potential cruiser in mind may not have the luxury to spend additional time in Hawaii, so would need to maximize the vacation via the ship's port stops.]

I selected Pride of Hawaii for our group of 11 (3 families) because the departure day is Monday. The only time we could get all of the kids together (both college & hs) was during Christmas break. I wanted to be home to celebrate Christmas so we are celebrating on Christmas Eve, then flying out early on Christmas Day. We were able to reserve 2 AB suites with one having a connecting mini-suite for the in-laws. This set-up seems perfect for us. If a Saturday or Sunday departure is better for you, then I would select Pride of Aloha or Pride of America. I think the ports are all the same.

Archived