excursions in Mazatlan

anniebj90290

I am considering booking an online excursion to Stone Island for the day we are in Mazatlan. Just wondering if anyone has done this. It's $40 a person, not affiliated with the cruise.

We are going Easter week and I suspect things will be crowded, so I didnt want to leave it to chance at the port.

Also, has anyone just gotten over to Stone Island on their own? My only hesitation is that we'll have our two kids with us -- 5 and 8 -- and I wouldnt want to get stuck somewhere.

I did an online excursion in Mazatlan last year when I was on the VOS. I booked with Randy's Happy Horses. She was well recommend by other CC'ers. It was a great time, Randy met us personally at the pier. Also I exchanged several emails with her before the cruise.

The ride was terrific and the boat ride to Stone Island was interesting too. We left from a traditional fishing pier on a small local ferry. They made everyone wear lifejackets so it was safe and the boat was not overloaded. I also had the best grilled shrimp at the little cantina (lunch and drinks were included.

There are several cruise critic entries about this excursion, if you do a search.

Annie go to the Ports of Call board and scroll down to Mex. Riviera. There is alot of info there in regards to your excursion. Just do a search on the top of the page where it says "Search this forum".

Marilyn

We just did a Stone Island tour in early March while in Mazatlan on a land based vacation. Stone Island is an interesting event. The beach is very nice. Where we were there were quads for rent and other activities included such as banana boat rides, horseback riding on the beach, etc. Ours also included a tour out to what the locals call 'bird**** island' and the small little island where the sea lions sunbath. This was the best part of the day.

I wish I could remember who the tour company was, sorry. We booked it through our hotel but I believe it was in the same price range.

from Mercury X and took the town tour and folklorico. Had a nice lunch at in town hotel w/ drinks at the pool, had time to shop and found great prices on my perscritions w/o a Dr. form. About 20% of the US price and there are loads of pharmacies on the main drag. Also some good souveniers. Suggest this tour if P offers it.

We actually went to Stone Island on our own. We just took the Panga ($1 round trip per person) and were dropped off on the beach side of the island, not where Randi's Tour drops you off. We did not have to drive around the island. We were there early and had lunch at Victors. Very nice.

While we were there we spoke to Randi and she warned us that Easter Week is a very busy week for Stone Island. According to her, the locals all go there and it gets very crowded. I am not sure if it is only on Easter Day or during the whole week. YOu should check the Mexican Riv board for other comments.

Archived