Sold Out cruises

Pink Lady

If cruises are shown as being sold out, five months out from sailing, do they usually remain that way or do cabins free up once final payments are due ? I am looking at a Celebrity transatlantic that shows no available rooms in any category. What are my chances....... Any guesses ?

Keep checking on celebrity's website and get on their waitlist. Let your TA know you want that booking and/or put your name on a wait list with other agencies. I am currently booked on a cruise in Dec 06 which is sold out. I am hoping that some balcony cabins will come av after the final pymts are due. As this is a holiday cruise that will be 90 days prior to sailing - other pymnt deadlines are either 70-75 days. However, since this cruise has been marked as "sold out" I have seen an RS category come up twice - which is more than I want to spend for a cabin. Also sometimes (as I was told by a TA) agencies "hold" cabins under bogus names in hopes of selling prior to the final pymt due. After the final pymt is due that's when cabins will become av or not and sometimes people still cancel at the last minute. Good luck!:p

Pink Lady - It's always possible but that cruise sold out very quickly, it's such a great itinerary. I tried several months ago and couldn't even get on a wait list for the cruise! I would be very surprised if you were able to get on this cruise as there are lot of people already on the list for any cancellations.

Terri

In response to the last answer, yes it is the Fall transatlantic. Is it possible agencies are holding blocks of cabins on this sailing like other posters have suggested ?

No, all space is under deposit. There is a very large group onboard through a NYC travel agency who ate up all the space.

Any remaining group space held by other agencies was recalled months ago.

We booked it during the last Sept. TA & at that time the choices available were limited. I would check around final payment due date when they release unpaid reservations. Good luck, J

No, all space is under deposit. There is a very large group onboard through a NYC travel agency who ate up all the space.

Any remaining group space held by other agencies was recalled months ago.

I have never experienced it, but there have been posts about cruises that had "large groups" on board. Seems they sometimes tend to take over the ship and make it uncomfortable for other cruisers in many ways. Just a friendly heads up.

If cruises are shown as being sold out, five months out from sailing, do they usually remain that way or do cabins free up once final payments are due ? I am looking at a Celebrity transatlantic that shows no available rooms in any category. What are my chances....... Any guesses ?

Get your TA to put a hold on the first room available that comes up.

Or

Have he get in touch with Celebrity. As they know who is holding the extra rooms - some large agencies hold blocks of rooms.

Then your TA can contact the room holder and book it through them.

But I think your TA would get the credit for the booking.

The large agencies have to release back the rooms not deposited for by a certain date before the cruise leaves.

Hi,

As a member of this cruise (for a year and a half), my information is that the NYC agency in question has not 'blocked' but has actually 'booked' 100 staterooms. Their own website confirmed this months ago.

Given that fact, unless there are other large agencies with blocks of staterooms, it is very unlikely that significant numbers of cabins will become available in July when final payment is due.

Not to discourage your stateroom quest (you should TRY), but given the numbers of folk attempting to get wait-listed for this sailing, at this point if you're not already on the list it may be a moot point. Who knows, if the "Upgrade Fairy" can still smile on folk, the "Cruise God" might shine favorably upon you.... ;) :D

Best of luck. Maybe we'll see you on board!!

CM

What annoys me is being told by Celebrity that the cruise is "TOO FAR AHEAD and NOT OPEN FOR BOOKING UNTIL *****, then suddenly BEFORE that date even comes I find out that the cruise is fully booked . I call Celebrity and I am told " There is a wait list you would be no 410"

This has actually happened to me, and no one can explain how a cruise not open for booking can suddenly be "fully booked" No it was not a just that "some agencies have booked large blocks of cabins"

It seems to me that some Travel agencies are allowed to "jump the queue".

We all know that Celebrity says that "No TA's are allowed to advertise discounts on the Celebrity price My TA abides by the rules, and it really burns me up to see in my Sunday newspaper, two agencies blatantly advertising week after week not only a lower price than that quoted by Celebrity or my Agent but also adding "Free Air, Free shore excusiion and $150 On board spending money".

Obviously the VP Sales at Celebrity believes that all rules are meant to be broken or bent for certain agencies. whilst enforcing the rules for others.

Competition is fine but every one should be able to compete not just a select few.

There is a wailist for the fall Connie transat. Group space other agencies held without deposit was pulled when the NYC agency asked for more space.

This sailing is fully deposited.

Archived