Which is better?.....

cruisencouple

I am going on the Sapphire in two weeks and I have heard that Sterlings is not that great but that the Italian restaurant is pretty good what is the name of it and is it good? I heard it's like a five course meal is that true. I LOVE Italian food so will I like this restaurant? Thanks any info would be good.

Sabatini's is the name of the Italian Restaurant.

Some people don't like Sterlings on ships in which the restaurant doesn't have a dedicated room. What they do on the Sun, Dawn, Diamond and Sapphire is that they close one side of the buffet and put white table clothes on the table and serve a steakhouse menu. The area isn't as nice as having a dedicated steakhouse restaurant but the food is probably the same. I have eaten at Sterlings on other ships and the food was quite good.

I haven't eat at Sabitini's - the menu has a lot of seafood on it and I am not big into seafood - others love it.

Enjoy your cruise.

i guess everyones taste is different, i have eaten at Sterlings 3 times and sabbatinis twice.

i found sterlings fabulous ( i am not even a meat eater!!)

sabatinis not impressed but everyone should try once, i found w/ sabatinis way too much food and i disliked more than we liked. And i am 100% italian (go figure)

the filet mignon amazing!!! the marinated mushrooms i never tasted anything so good.

the appetizers untouchable!! Tried them all

T

i guess everyones taste is different, i have eaten at Sterlings 3 times and sabbatinis twice.

i found sterlings fabulous ( i am not even a meat eater!!)

sabatinis not impressed but everyone should try once, i found w/ sabatinis way too much food and i disliked more than we liked. And i am 100% italian (go figure)

the filet mignon amazing!!! the marinated mushrooms i never tasted anything so good.

the appetizers untouchable!! Tried them all

T

kitty go here for clock http://www.geocities.com/quietman01970/maker1.htm

I personally did not enjoy Sterling on the Sapphire. Why? I guess I still knew in my mind that it was Horizon Court with a table cloth.

Now, I on the CB, I thoroughly enjoyed Sterling in a dedicated space. :)

I personally did not enjoy Sterling on the Sapphire. Why? I guess I still knew in my mind that it was Horizon Court with a table cloth.

Now, I on the CB, I thoroughly enjoyed Sterling in a dedicated space. :)

I was also on the CB and liked the designated space. Does Sabitini's have a designated space or is it like Sterlings?

Sabatini's does have its own designated space. I went to it on the Diamond and was not impressed. I guess I'm glad I tried it once, but would not go back. I love Italian food but thought the food selections were very odd at Sabatini's. Did not try Sterling since it changed to a for fee restaurant. When I was on the Diamond, it was one of the four free choices for personal choice dining.

Sabatini's full dinner is about twenty different dishes. You can say things like, "Please skip the salad, soup, and desert." Then enjoy the anti-pastas, the pasta, and the secundi. I think the food at Sabatini's is very good, and so is the service. It's a good change from the dining room and the buffet.

And Fuzzzy is right, Sterling on Sapphire, Diamond and a couple other ships is only half as good as on the Caribbean or Star because half the experince is missing - the setting!

Having eaten in both versions of Sterling, I suggest you try just Sabatini's and skip Sterling until you can try it in a real dedicated space so the atmosphere and the very good food give you a complete experience. And say no thank you to some of the courses if there is too much food for you.

The steakhouse on the (new) Pacific Princess is excellent - we thought well worth the extra cost.

Sabatini's serves an awful lot of food - we thought too much for our small appetites - but did enjoy the quality of the food and level of service.

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices?

...Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices?
it certainly is! I really enjoy the amazing variety of interesting seafood and Mediterranean dishes available at Sabatini's, but have never been to Sterling as I find the idea of a steakhouse much less appetizing.

Archived