Nassau beaches

travelnut2

Does anyone know if we can access a beach for a day in Paradise Island. We are going there at the end of April and would like to spend a couple of hours at a beach and be able to rent some beach chairs. Look forward to any info you can provide. Thanks

Yes, Cabbage Beach on P.I. is for the public. Take a cab from the pier and have the driver drop you off at the path which leads to the beach. The path is right next to the Riu Hotel. Chair rental, and water sports are available but no restrooms.

Some people like to take the water taxi to P.I. but they look unsafe to me. :rolleyes:

Yes, Cabbage Beach on P.I. is for the public. Take a cab from the pier and have the driver drop you off at the path which leads to the beach. The path is right next to the Riu Hotel. Chair rental, and water sports are available but no restrooms.

Some people like to take the water taxi to P.I. but they look unsafe to me. :rolleyes:

Actually the water taxi's are very safe... I've been using them for over 20 years. They are registered, inspected, licensed and insured. Only certified Captains can run them.

It's a fun way to travel and see the harbour. They run every 30 minutes from the downtown wharf to Paradise Dock. $3pp, plus a tip for the tour guide. Daily from 9am - 6pm

It's an easy walk from the dock to the public beach.

OK here were my observations on three trips on the water taxi.

#1 Walked up to a water taxi on PI and asked if he was returning to the pier. The person said yes and to come onboard. Within seconds the driver of another taxi gets into a argument with the fellow from the 1st taxi about who was there first. We get off and enter his taxi and we wait and wait until the taxi fills up. As we are waiting the engine is running filling the seating area with fumes.:(

#2 Caught the last water taxi from pier to PI. The drop off area was very busy so the driver of this water taxi drops us off at another spot were we had to walk to the front of the boat, cross over two more boats and squeeze between two fences to get on shore.

#3 One last time. The driver of another water taxi was no more then 12 years young. I asked if he was qualified to operate the taxi. He said that his father has been letting him drive for years.:eek:

3 strikes in my book and your out. Remember folks, your not in Kansas anymore !!

Archived