Is the slide open on the Pride???

Oddly enough, while we were on the Pride last month, one of the Social Hosts said that the "engineers" had reworked the thing and that it was faster, not slower like they needed it. Oh well, still closed...back to the drawing board. Sounds like they need to hire a Mom and not an engineer. I guarantee a Mom could have it up and running safely in a matter of hours!

It's those da@# engineers! Always screwing stuff up!

Wait a minute - I'm one of those da@# engineers! :D

Hey John. I know. My son is headed to college next year ( on a full scholarship - yea ) to study...engineering!!! (although be it the chemical kind) Maybe he can invent some spray that will slow you down before you "splash"!!

So is my husband. Everything he touches around the house fall apart. So far it hasn't happened to him at work. Don't worry, he works for a computer company

It's those da@# engineers! Always screwing stuff up!

Wait a minute - I'm one of those da@# engineers! :D

;)

So is my husband. Everything he touches around the house fall apart. So far it hasn't happened to him at work. Don't worry, he works for a computer company

;)

That's tooo funny. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon. There are kids everywhere that really enjoy the slide. Personally, I think Carnival has taken to long to resolve this issue.

Stop talking about me! :eek:

I will never forget the time my wife asked me to install a new faucet in the kitchen, as I was putting the tools away both hot and cold knobs shot out of the sink, and water was flying everywhere.

it was like a cartoon

Actually, I am quite handy.

I work at the Naval Air Depot in Jacksonville - I am a structural engineer on EA-6B Prowlers here for rework/overhaul. The production folks just want to get stuff out the door, and sometimes may be looking for shortcuts. We anal retentive engineers don't like shortcuts, so we are a favorite target when ever something is held up.

While we really do try to keep cost and schedule in mind, safety is always first. We are like the Jiminy Crickets for the plant.

I kind of like it when they get mad at us - I have no problem sleeping at night.

I imagine that fixing the slide is a fairly complicated matter, between design, manufacture, installation around cruises, etc. And that's only after they figure out what is really going on with it. Throw in a couple lawyers and it's hosed!

They probably worded what they wanted the Engineers to do wrong. "Make it better!" Translation.... faster! *Raises his hand* yep, count me in as one of those wacky engineers. Last word on the slide on all the Spirit class ships I heard was that if they dont come up with a fix, they may be removed completely (was that on a thread here? I dont remember) or replaced with a different design thats not as fast. I say just put an airbag at the bottom:D .

Actually, I am quite handy.

I work at the Naval Air Depot in Jacksonville - I am a structural engineer on EA-6B Prowlers here for rework/overhaul. The production folks just want to get stuff out the door, and sometimes may be looking for shortcuts. We anal retentive engineers don't like shortcuts, so we are a favorite target when ever something is held up.

While we really do try to keep cost and schedule in mind, safety is always first. We are like the Jiminy Crickets for the plant.

I kind of like it when they get mad at us - I have no problem sleeping at night.

I imagine that fixing the slide is a fairly complicated matter, between design, manufacture, installation around cruises, etc. And that's only after they figure out what is really going on with it. Throw in a couple lawyers and it's hosed!

You keep doing a great job, John. Our guys and gals in the Armed Forces deserve the best!! We were hoping for Annapolis, but (sigh) it was not to be. We made it through the Congressional Nomination and knew it was still a long shot with 6 -8 thousand (depending on who you talk to) nominations and only 1,200 appointments. I guess a 35 on the ole ACT just isn't a big deal any more. A huge percentage of our seniors are in the ACT 30 and over Club. Oh well, we still have that full scholarship. My precious senior is such a perfectionist....he will make a great engineer.

Has the Pride gone through a drydock since this problem was discovered?

It seems that would be the place to take care of it.

LHP..Minor threadjack.. Consider ROTC. There are other ways to Commission besides the Company School. Mr Spook went to OCS, another route to Butter Bars.

And John: you keep on being an anal perfectionist. We have had enough(too many, really) plane crashes in recent months. Even though mine is Surface, We still have friends in Aviation.

Archived