beds on ncl star

jennylane

can anyone tell me how soft/firm/comfortable the beds on the star are? i'm in a BA room. i've got a bit of a bad back and was wondering if i should be concerned.

I was on the Star in September, I have a bad disk in my back and I had no issues with the beds, they were fine.

The beds if anything are a bit firm. We were on the Star in Feb. I heard that they were going to change out some of the bedding during the drydock. It will be interesting to find out what changes were really done next week when she comes back......:)

too firm is fine. and i figured that if they did anything while in drydock it would have to be an improvement. i havent heard anything really negative about the beds themselves...maybe they're just switching out bedding, not the mattresses. in any case, you two have eased my mind a bit, i'll cross it of the mental "to worry" list for now! :(

IMO those were the most comfortable beds we have slept on anywhere including hotels or whatever.. and the down comforter they put on at night was awesome, we slept so good.. we were so refreshed every am,,,,, on the star

can anyone tell me how soft/firm/comfortable the beds on the star are? i'm in a BA room. i've got a bit of a bad back and was wondering if i should be concerned.

I have problems with my siatic, and I use a firm mattress at home. I was on the Star Oct 2005. I have NEVER slept more comfortably. My dh is really picky about his mattress...he loved them too. The beds were firm, but felt like they had a down pillow top over them.

We're sailing on the Wind this summer and our number one hope is that the beds will be the same.

Good luck!

ooh goodie, that sounds like they'll be comfortable. (for those of you with bad backs too...i've got a bad si joint and i'm on constant heavy duty painkillers for it) at home i sleep on a very very firm mattress but its got a pillowtop on top of it because my hubby didnt want to "sleep on concrete".

people have mentioned the comforter/duvet. so is there the duvet and then also the ugly bedspread? or is the duvet the same as the bedspread? are there no "regular" blankets? and if not, was the duvet too warm?

people have mentioned the comforter/duvet. so is there the duvet and then also the ugly bedspread? or is the duvet the same as the bedspread? are there no "regular" blankets? and if not, was the duvet too warm?

No other blankets that I recall and they take off the ugly bedspread when the turn down the beds for the night. You control the temp in your room, so the duvet is just perfect.

Looking forward to trying them next week. I've got to say by the time we make it to our cabin we would be able to sleep on just about anything. Nice to know there's a good bed waiting.

We won't know anything until after the first post-drydock Star passengers get back which is tomorrow, but I am guessing that one of the improvements made, could have been new mattresses where necessary.

We were on the Star in June, 2004 and the bed was very comfortable. But that's almost 2 years ago and a LOT of passengers have slept on them since then.

I am betting, that like in a busy hotel, the mattresses are replaced more frequently than we would think.

Can't wait to get back on the Star in 10 weeks from tomorrow, and then I'll be happy to report back to everyone how the bed was!

Hikini:D

Archived