Splendour of the Seas

The Brilliance is a great ship.

My wife & I sailed on her 2 years ago and had a very good cruise, we were on the 5 day.

The dining room is very special with it's 3 story hi windows.

You will love the great crew and service.

windows.JPG.852992171c2dc4c9068df1f86ded94ee.JPG

We did a four day Splendour cruise in January and booked one for the same time next year. She was a great ship with a great staff. We loved the arrangement of the public rooms - made her very easy to navigate. The dining room - shown above - was really beautiful. (The picture is labeled the Brilliance(?), but the Splendour has windows just like that. We are good sailors and didn't have any problems, but the ship does need to sail at a pretty good clip to get to Cozumel and back. We did hit some semi-rough seas and with the combination of speed and water, there were some feeling ill effects.

Anyway, we can't wait to go back.

We sailed her March 13-18, family of 3. There were 2 other couples in our party. We all had a wonderful time. Beautiful public rooms. The layout of the ship is easy to get around. I have booked another cruise for the end of November myself, 4 days. Just to get away for a few days.

Just got off her yesterday from a 6 day Spring Break cruise. She is going into Drydock soon and does need spiffed up some. Her staff is very friendly, public areas nicely maintained and dining room food better than many. I will write a review on her in the next few days. All in all a good vacation with a few blips as always when your on vacation.

Darlin Bride and I sailed her in February after 3 trips on Rhapsody. We have booked 2 more on her (November and January 07). Was told by the CD that Splendor has the highest rating for customer satisfaction than any ship in their fleet.....

Hello!

My dh and my 1st cruise was 11 days on the Splendour for our 20th in 1999. Of course our most special.

My mother and I are planning a late Nov or Dec cruise and are glad to know others are enjoying what she has to offer out of Galveston. We live 45 min west.

This will be her 1st cruise and my 5th. I want us to enjoy the experience together.

Some previous posts remarks made me apprehensive. Thanks for your postitive recent comments.

We just returned from the Conquest, but I will always remember this ship as "THE FUN SHIP". I think the longer the cruise, the more relxed everyone feels. I hope Mama and I have as many activities to enjoy as we did on the last Splendour cruise.

Teepee

We were on Splendour in Dec. and had a great time. Very pretty, clean, great service and food! And I agree that the layout of this ship is probably the best of all we've been on. Very easy to get around. Not sure if they all are but our balcony had a sliding door. (We were in a JS)

We were on the Splendour in January sailing our of Galveston. She is a great ship! Layout is very convenient and the staff is great - people say that she is in need of "sprucing up", but I thought she was very well maintained. The crew is great! (Say hi to Chuck, Pearl and Corey in the Schooner bar for me if they are all still there)! I'm sure you will realy enjoy it!:)

Kim.

Archived