For the UK P&O crowd

iandjm

Hi,

I received an email today, responding to my mail to cruisecritic asking about adding dedicated rollcall forums for us on here, one for each of the ships, so we can chat with fellow cruisers before getting onboard.

Hopefully the new rollcalls will be added by the end of this week. We now have to tell all the cruise connections crowd eh

Ian

Hi,

I received an email today, responding to my mail to cruisecritic asking about adding dedicated rollcall forums for us on here, one for each of the ships, so we can chat with fellow cruisers before getting onboard.

Hopefully the new rollcalls will be added by the end of this week. We now have to tell all the cruise connections crowd eh

Ian

Great Ian, will look in again this evening

Eddie

Hi Ian

just read your message on cc site and thought id come and have a look on here for the 1st time. will certainly pop in to see how many cc users log on or post messages. i suppose you get used to chatting to the same people thats why i cant really get used to wlc.

any way thanks for initiating the change!

Lisa

does this mean we will be inundated with pommie cruisers now:) :)

does this mean they will do the australian ships as well, eg, pacific sky/sun, or only the english ones.

we had a thread on here not so long ago and many of the aussie posters were of english descent(myself included, Nottingham)Must have been that travelling over water to get here makes you want to get back on it.

Please pop in and chat on our threads too if you have anything to say, we are a friendly bunch :D Unless the chat gets to cricket:p

cheers karon

Hi All

On registering the forum rules state not to use your real name as your user name - why is this?

As already noted Artemis is missing from the Roll Calls (hoping to be booked on her for 2007 tomorrow) do you think there is any significance in the fact that she is also missing from PandO OBF also?

Also hope that Roll Calls are utilised more than OBF appears to be on CC.

Regards

Noreen

Peter, nice to see you in here, it's been ages since I looked in here. Now that we have a P and O section i will be in more often to look and learn and perhaps will get the chance to offer some information to newer cruisers.

Eddie

Hi,

Thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Peter - I didn't use my real name as when I first came on this site and entered the RCI threads, it didn't seem the done thing. ON P&O CC it is. As you may recall way back on CC I made a comment about people using aliases on that site.

Bev

Hi All

On registering the forum rules state not to use your real name as your user name - why is this?

As already noted Artemis is missing from the Roll Calls (hoping to be booked on her for 2007 tomorrow) do you think there is any significance in the fact that she is also missing from PandO OBF also?

Also hope that Roll Calls are utilised more than OBF appears to be on CC.

Regards

Noreen

Hi everyone,

I think Cruise Critic discourage the use of real names for security reasons. If someone visits the site, sees your name and can see your location from the post, they could get more detailed information and decide to make a home visit when you are off on your cruise :eek: . That's what I understood anyway.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi everyone,

I think Cruise Critic discourage the use of real names for security reasons. If someone visits the site, sees your name and can see your location from the post, they could get more detailed information and decide to make a home visit when you are off on your cruise :eek: . That's what I understood anyway.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Thanks for explaining - sensible not to divulge to much info just in case then. Have started a thread for J617 on Arcadia Roll Calls.:)

Talk soon

Noreen

I can understand the security point to a degree but it's the yanks way of covering their backside on this message board just like cigarette packets say "smoking kills".

It just smacks of insincerity to me when someone hides behind a false name and then starts posting stupid comments. Sad people.

Peter

Mr. Ruffoni,

Please remember this site was established by Yanks, so it is not surprising the guidelines were designed to cope with conditions here. The threat of burglary is very real in an age when most of your "identity" is available in ways too numerous to control.

I think you will find that even "sincere" people sometimes post stupid comments.

Mr. Ruffoni,

Please remember this site was established by Yanks, so it is not surprising the guidelines were designed to cope with conditions here. The threat of burglary is very real in an age when most of your "identity" is available in ways too numerous to control.

I think you will find that even "sincere" people sometimes post stupid comments.

I wondered how long it would take to rattle someones cage.

Peter

{;o)-]----<

(Designed by an Italian;built in Britain)

Peter, I have never been afraid to use the name that I was born with and like yourself " it is a bit unusual" and during my working life I felt it was an advantage because everyone remembered it because of its spelling. Lots of folk had a little difficulty in pronouncing it, so I told them to forget the gh at the end.

Eddie

Archived