save the date magnets

I will be getting married on the Liberty in April 2007. Quick question we had already sent out invites last September so everyone could book their cabin if they wished to come on the cruise. I was going to send out Save the Date magnets to just the people that have booked cabins but wasn't sure when I should do this. I thought maybe 6-8 months from wedding date but wasn't sure. we are not going to send out another invitation so this would be all they would be getting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also has anyone else gotten married on the liberty or going to be married on the liberty.

I'm not really sure, since STDs are usually sent out before the invites as a way to first let people know to keep this date available for your wedding, and since the invites have already clued them in to your plans, you don't really need them.

What you could do is send out "Remember the Date" magnets to those who have booked (and you can send these out to the individual people right after you find out they booked, if you want). This way they would have a little reminder of the fun time ahead, or something like that.

What might be a better idea, if you want to only send out two mailings, would be to send out some sort of newsletter closer to the sailing (like a couple of months before...maybe right after the initial deposits are due and you know definitely how many people will be coming). This could clue your guests in to any events you have planned, who all is coming, fun facts, stuff like that (that might be more useful to them at this point).

PABRIDE:

So I was walking by my fridge today and noticed my STD magnet, and had the thought "Wow, everyone'll always remember when my anniversary is if they walk right by it evertime they go to grab something to eat" Which oddly enough made me think of you :rolleyes:

So, If you really like the idea of giving out magnets...you could use them as wedding announcements for those who can't come to the wedding (or just send them out to everyone:) ) and then everytime they go to the fridge, they will be reminded of your anniversary, too!!!

Archived