Cruising-Traveling with Kids/Carseats

drozdenko

What do people do with kids that need carseats when they travel? I can rent cars with seats but what do you do when you need to take a taxi or shuttle? Do you just sit them on your lap? This is the first time traveling with our 2 yr old and were not sure how to handle the car seat situation. NCL Spirit 4/30 out of NYC

Thanks.

Lee

HI! If you are flying you should be able to carry on the carseat. Check with your airline, but I have done it several times in the past and it was treated as if it was a carryon bag. I am sure different airlines have different guidelines. I am not sure how it works on the ship though.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your vacation :)

ETA: I have always taken my with me when riding in a cab, on the lap in a shuttle :)

This will be the first time for us leaving out of New York and taking taxi's, but we are not going to take our carseats with us. So far for the trips we have talen we had the boys either sit on our laps or seatbelt them in. Not the safest, but we can't use our carseats on the plane since they are not 5 point harness (we have the booster seats with the backs on them). I think you will be fine leaving it in the car at the pier. In March we had our 2 and 5 year old with and they had a great time on the ship. They loved the kids crew group and loved the mini buffet they have for the kids. Have a geat time. :D

Try the Tote "n" Go DX Portable Child Restraint. We purchased it online (can't remember exactly where) for about $30 just to use for our cruise. It is made by Safety 1st. It was small enough to fit in the stroller bin under the baby and very light. We would never use it for the car on a daily basis but for the cruise and tours it was just perfect.

Archived