? for Magica in Cayman on 4/9 cruise

stillsailing

Has anyone on the Costa Magica 4/9 cruise finalized their own arrangements for stingray tour/snorkeling in Grand Cayman on Wednesday, 4/12. I thought in corresponding with Nativeway that I would go with them, but in their emails they have given me three different times for their tours.

The last email that I received today said that their tour goes from 1PM - 4PM Central time --- that's 2PM - 5PM ship time (Eastern). That feels too close for my comfort since the last tender will probably be at 5:30 and sail out at 6:00.

Anyone reserved with Nativeway? I have a plan B, but Nativeway has been so cordial and prompt with their replys --- they would have been my first choice!

We have done the Stingray Tour in Gr. Cayman several times. When we were tendered off the ship the different tour companies reps were waiting near the dock offering this tour. They will show you pictures of their boat and of what you will see and experience on their tour. They provide land transfers over to their dock on the North Sound usually behind the Hyatt ( about 3 miles away ). We were able to go in about one hour and they told us where and when to meet at the docks. In total the tour took about 3 hours.We were not early getting off the ship ( approx. 10AM ) and left for our tour at 11AM. While waiting we did our duty free shopping and visited the small shopping center about two blocks south of dock on South Church St near (south of and on same side as ) Panton Square. It is a yellow ( color may have change) two story building on the south, side away from ocean side, of S. Church St. On the 2nd floor they have a large salt water aquarium with small sharks, stingrays and other fish and another tank with small green sea turtles which are free to view. If you can't find with these direction just ask a local to direct you as it is well known.

I believe we paid $20 or 25US to do this tour three years ago and it was less than half what the similar ship's tour cost.They were also very courteous and provided us with a great tour but I don't recall what the tour company name was.

WE are on the Mediterranea doing the eastern caribbean cruise next week thus connot join you on this tour.

Archived