Tampa Transport with Wee Ones

Kaki321

Hi, I have posted on the family board before about car seats, and as we get closer to cruising I am still debating...I have a dilemma about transportation from airport to pier.

There are 8 of us. 3 are small children 5 and under. My sister and I are feeling that even though it's a 15 minute ride we want to make sure there are car seats. BUT, we don't want to lug 3 carseats. It's just too much

Our options are

1) Carnival transfers (not my favorite option, I hate waiting on those buses) $36pp (for 6 of us, the 2 smallest are 2 years old or under) $216 (no car seats, though, so not really a good option anyway)

2) Car service company #1: Stretch limo for the 8 of us WITH 3 carseats - cost is about $180 for the 15 minute ride!

3) Car Service company #2: Van for the 8 of us with 3 car seats - cost is about $160 for the 15 minute ride (this guy told us he would never send a stretch limo out for us as there isn't enough trunk space for the luggage)

4) Forget about the car seats and hop into 2 cabs

Perhaps only other parents of small children can relate to my dilemma...while I want to make sure my children are safe, I am also amazed at the cost of this and am having a hard time with it.

I know I need to make the final decision...but perhaps you folks have other idea or options I am not considering?

Hi, I have posted on the family board before about car seats, and as we get closer to cruising I am still debating...I have a dilemma about transportation from airport to pier.

There are 8 of us. 3 are small children 5 and under. My sister and I are feeling that even though it's a 15 minute ride we want to make sure there are car seats. BUT, we don't want to lug 3 carseats. It's just too much

Our options are

1) Carnival transfers (not my favorite option, I hate waiting on those buses) $36pp (for 6 of us, the 2 smallest are 2 years old or under) $216 (no car seats, though, so not really a good option anyway)

2) Car service company #1: Stretch limo for the 8 of us WITH 3 carseats - cost is about $180 for the 15 minute ride!

3) Car Service company #2: Van for the 8 of us with 3 car seats - cost is about $160 for the 15 minute ride (this guy told us he would never send a stretch limo out for us as there isn't enough trunk space for the luggage)

4) Forget about the car seats and hop into 2 cabs

Perhaps only other parents of small children can relate to my dilemma...while I want to make sure my children are safe, I am also amazed at the cost of this and am having a hard time with it.

I know I need to make the final decision...but perhaps you folks have other idea or options I am not considering?

Just my opinion, I would probably just jump into cabs. That being said, for extra safety you could bring along a Tote 'n Go for each of the younger 2 kids, if they are over 25 pounds. The Tote 'n Go's are about $40-$45/each including shipping, but at least you would have them for future use. Good luck deciding!

I work in Tampa. The distance from the airport to the seaport is about 7ish miles maybe less and will take 10-15 minutes tops. However, there is alot of traffic around as you will be traveling interstate to get there. Have you contacted the taxi services to see if any provide car seats? Some do? If not do what Shellie suggested and get the tote in go. If the kids are older 3-4ish, they would probably be ok without a car seat for the short ride but 2 and under, I would probably bring one.

Julie

Archived