Tours in Copenhagen on Star Princess

Does the Star Princess operate any tours of Copenhagen on either the boarding day or the last day of the cruise? If so does it operate the tour into Sweden on either of those days?

I do not believe the Star tours offer tours on the day of boarding, at least not that I recall. I do recall tours being available when the Star returns to Copenhagen. Unfortunately, I don't recall which tours they offer. Was there something specific you wanted to see in that part of Sweden? In comparision, Denmark, the Copenhagen area, offers so much more to see and do, than what's available in that part of Sweden. Even the Swedes from that part of Sweden come to visit Copenhagen for things to do. Although that part of Sweden is nice, it's just that there are fewer sights. I was just wondering if there was something specific you wanted to see and do.

I will be going on the Oslo route. Specifically, I was wondering if they offer the tours to Hamlet castle and/or the trip to Lund in Sweden on the last day.

Hopefully someone who was on this same itineray last year will help you with this question. I was on the cruise with the itinerary to Berlin. Before our return to Copenhagen, the ship made a brief stop to tender passengers who were taking tours to the Hamlet Castle, (Kronborg), in Helsingor. But it looks like your ship gets in at 5 am and I doubt they would be making a stop and tendering passengers earlier than that. Sorry I can't help you more, but I hope someone who sailed this itinerary last year can help you out.

Will you be overnighting in Copenhagen afte the cruise? If so, visiting these sites can easily be done on your own, but tours are nice too as they are informative. Best wishes.

We received yesterday our pre-boarding information package for our July 2006 sailing. Princess provided a booklet entitled "Scandinavia & Russia Adventures Ashore" in which all onshore excursions are indicated. Pages 6 and 7 show 10 Copenhagen onshore excursions including:

Copenhagen & Christianborg Palace; Sabre D'or & Rosenborg Castle' EZ Copenhagen; Copenhagen City Tour; Walking tour of C; Kayak Adventure; C. by Land & Sea; Tivoli Gardens & Canal Cruise; Copenhagen Canal Cruise; and Royal Copenhagen.

The shortest tour is 1 1/4 hours (the canal cruise) and the longest is the Royal Copenhagen being 4 hours. The prices range from $44. (Walking tour of Copenhagen) to $129. (Sabre D'or & Rosenborg Castle).

The strange thing is... Princess also included an Adventure

Ashore Tour Reservation form. You can mail this in or fill in your order online. All ports of call are included here...with a space to fill in which tour you want, number of tickets, etc. EXCEPT Copenhagen. Strange, very strange.

We are arriving a day early and are touring Copenhagen on our own.

We were on Star Princess last August on the Baltic itinerary.

The ship anchored off Helsingor and arrived there at around 11 a.m. and launches were used to transport tour passengers ashore. The shore excursion booklet stated that passengers on organised tours (to places such as Kronborg Castle, Rosenborg Castle, Frederiksborg Castle and the sights of Copenhagen etc) would rejoin the ship in Copenhagen where is was berthed overnight. Due to immigration restrictions passengers not taking any of the Princess organized tours had to remain onboard until the ship reached Copenhagen - it arrived there at around 1.30pm and we then went ashore and toured independently via the Open Tour Bus from the Market Place (shuttle took us there)

If you are interested I have posted a review which can be found at

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreivews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469

I hope this information is of help. You will love this itinerary but be prepared for a hectic schedule - you will need a holiday afterwards but the sights that await you are awesome.

Good Luck with your plans

Suron in Bristol, England

Archived