Upsell/Upgrade???

JeepMom

I've cruised 6 times and I've never used (or even heard of!) the upsell/upgrade number. Drats!! :mad:

Anyway...exactly how does this work? Do you call them after you've paid in full? After the deposit? Does your TA do it for you?

We've booked a mini-suite on the NCL Star (11/30/06 sailing) and I'd LOVE to get a cheap upgrade to a penthouse.:D

Thanks!!

JeepMom, upselling occurs after final payment, when NCL has a good handle on which categories are available, etc.

Since you've booked with a TA, they will have to be involved in the process.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the inventory EVERY SINGLE DAY after final payment is made. As soon as you see things starting to move, it's time to call your TA immediately, and ask them to call the upsell desk!!!!

Be advised that many TA's are completely in the dark with regard to upsells on NCL, so you may need to be very specific about what you're interested in, and may even need to provide your TA with the correct number to call.

You've got quite a while to wait, and dream. Hope you get a great upsell!!!!! :D

Happy sailing.

> I'd LOVE to get a cheap upgrade to a penthouse

Just a wild guess Jeep _Mom_ that you are taking the kids...Mom? Remember that until you get to the AB level that a penthouse does not have a couch that converts to a bed for kids. I suppose they can roll in a bed.

In the AB it has an extra bedroom. That is a big upgrade from AF, but there are 10 AB's. I went in an AB while killing time during Disembark and the lux bath is nice. Didn't look like the living room furniture was comfy.

Where do I look to see how the ship is filling up?

Easiest way is to go to NCL.com and select Voyages and pricing like booking a new cruise. Select the date range and ship you are cruising on. The intimal page will show only those categories that are still available.

Archived