Exotic Rasul

If this is anything like the one on Princess, it was great! We looked to see if Carnival does it, but they don't. So we will do it again when we sail on RCCL next summer - I haven't even checked to see if the Serenade has a Rasul room or not - fingers are crossed!

It is great quality time with your loved one and I highly recommend it. Of course, I don't know what the price is on RCCL, but on Princess it was $83 per couple for one hour and well worth every penny. DH doesn't "do" the spa and was really glad that I had booked this. We did it mid-morning on a sea day which happened to be New Year's Day - a great way to start the new year! It really is what YOU make of it... they give you the materials, the rest is up to you and your significant other.

My husband and I did this on our honeymoon last July on Adventure of the Seas. I think it was around $90. We both enjoyed it, and we would do it again.

Basically, you go in the Rasul room, where there are a bunch of products layed out. The attendant explains what everything is and how and when to use it all. There is one room with a counter, and beyond it a shower, and then a steam room. Everything is on a timer, so the steam comes on at a certain point, and then near the end, showerheads turn on in the steam room to rinse you off. The whole thing take an hour.

Once the attendant explains everything, you are on your own. Some people aren't crazy about the idea of paying for a treatment that they have to do themselves, however, my husband does not like the idea of getting a massage from a stranger, so this was fun for us, and a good way to experience the spa.

It was a nice experience, and a good couple activity!

We actually went and did the spa tour on the first day... it didn't take too long, because they are trying to get as many tours through as they can, and you can go in and get a peek of the rasul room. You may want to check it out that way. Have fun!!!

Yes - it does sound just like the one on Princess, except for the timer part... we controlled when and where we went as far as shower & steam room. Again, DH isn't a spa person and loved it as much as I did. Does anyone know if the Serenade has a Rasul room? We haven't been on a Radiance class ship yet and plan to book the Serenade for Alaska next summer.

Archived