Denrus excursion

If you look under some of the reviews you can read other people's experiences. Some used Red October and some Denrus. Both sounded equally enjoyable and worth it. We don't leave until 5/20, so can't give any input yet.

Elaine

I am thinking of doing the "Complete St Petersburg" excursion with Denrus. Has anybody done this tour and was it worth it?

Hi GMathew

I took it last summer after investigating all the options and tour companies. It was a new program so I was a little nervous but on paper it all seemed like a no-brainer. In hind-sight, and discussions in the dinning room it turned out to be the best deal in the city. It IS an excellent tour, but it is also the lowest price no-corners-cut 2 day intensive tour available in St Petersburg. We toured in a nice van with a good mix of people in a small personalized group. We started laughing among ourselves when we crossed paths with the big ship bus tours because those people actually paid a lot more for what they got so we were double winners.

A few reasons I thought it was a no-brainer: lowest price, the only guaranteed to go group tour in the city meaning the others required a certain number of paid members, usually 16-20 or the tour is cancelled with you standing on the pier wondering happened and no way to get another tour, great itinerary, small group, it was the only program like this that had liability insurance on the passengers, they used US banking for credit card processing (because they are the only US company in Russia which can give these no-visa tours )that bypassed to card fraud that seems to be a problem in Russia, it was easy to book,only 3-5 minutes online, the restaurants used for the included lunches were really highly rated in the dining guides, and prior to booking I asked a million questions and this was the only company that was straight with me. One company lied about lots of details so I crossed them off my list.

So for us, it was a great voyage, the city was great, the Complete St Petersburg was great and the weather was great, and saving enough money to be able to buy a starter set of Lomonosov china from the difference was great. So my review is:Great.

I loved the so much I am flying over for 2 weeks very soon.

Archived