Some New Princess Summer Itineraries? Where in the World Would You Like to Go?

Host Caroline

Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?

• 7/10-night Canada & New England cruises
    • 7-night Bermuda sailings from East Coast ports
    • 10/11-night Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward
    • 7-night European cruises from Barcelona or Dover with alternating itineraries
    • Some "True" transatlantics ala QM2 style
    • Other ideas?

I, too, opt for Galapogos, as well as some short cruises from the East Coast.

I also have a suggestion for an excursion to be included on every cruise- a "shop till you drop" excursion in every port. Take the shop-o-holics shopping as much as their little hearts desire- no sight-seeing, no museums, castles, scenic vistas, just el cheapo gift shops, 3rd rate jewelry shops, pottery shops, etc. That way, they will not whine through all our tours that they aren't getting enough shopping time, so hurry up.

My wish list includes more Pacific coastal cruises with extended/overnight stays in San Diego, San Francisco, and Victoria, and port stops in Santa Barbara and Monterey. Also would be interested in an East Coast cruise that includes Bar Harbor, Portland, Martha's Vineyard, Boston, Baltimore, etc. and continues down to the southern ports of Savannah and Charleston, etc.

Also wish Princess did a three day weekend cruise out of L.A. (perhaps one day at San Diego and one day at sea).

i would like to see more cruises sailing out of the west coast, maybe up and down the west coast. my hubby won't fly so we either have to cruise out of san francisco, los angeles or san diego, or maybe seattle.

gerry

I'd love this idea. I love crusing and hate flying. I make myself fly because I don't want to limit my cruise experiences, but would absolutely love more coastal cruises from LA or San Diego.

sasha'smom

I'd love to see more pacific coastal cruises that aren't just repositionings.

I'd love a west coast (ok, Vancouver!) cruise to nowhere with seven or more sea days (unlikely, with the fuel cost though).

And I'd really really like a 15 or 17 day RT Vancouver to Hawaii. I'd take that all year round.

My wife and I are going on the August 23 Star Princess cruise to Scandinavia and St. Petersburg. We would like advice on Shore excursions other than thru the cruise line itself. Thanks. Arja

My wife and I are going on the August 23 Star Princess cruise to Scandinavia and St. Petersburg. We would like advice on Shore excursions other than thru the cruise line itself. Thanks. Arja

Why not check the Baltic Ports boards? You will probably find the information that you need there.

I would like to see the British Isles, Norway, Iceland cruise scheduled for more than one sailing a summer.

I second and third that ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesy that they only do ONE on the Sea Princess.

Enough said.

I want to see the Sapphire or Diamond or even the Star Princess sail to the Mexican Riviera ALL year 'round like Carnival Pride does. I just love Princess, but we're not always able to cruise at other times of the year. I've been fortunate to be able to sail on the Star and Sun Princess during our spring break in April down to Mexico. But, if we want to take a large family cruise, this can't happen since the cousins often have different spring breaks.

So, come on Princess! Sail one of your newer, larger ships in the summer to the Mexican Riviera! :D

I love the suggestion for a "shop-till-you-drop" excursion at each port for the shop-aholics. Then maybe they could eliminate some of these obligatory shopping stops on other tours. I enjoy shopping when it is appropriate, but when there are many other things to see and do in a port it is often a waste of time.

Princess does such a fine job with their variety of tour offerings. Maybe we could start a thread of other suggestions for types of excursions like the shopping tour.

I, too, would love to see another cruise put on the Norway/North Cape route.....and for Princess to include Svalbard/Spitzbergen (I think that's the closest you'll see any cruise ship get to the "North Pole") again. Sea Princess has included Svalbard the past couple of years and, I believe, this year, too. My Dtr and I have been planning on B2B's w/Baltic, then North Cape(w/Svalbard) for 6/07. Now, I see that Princess will not be including Svalbard in their itinerary for 2007. Shame on them!! Now, we'll be forced to pay 3x more to go on Crystal or RSSC (they go there). Nothing that special about Svalbard, except its the northern-most settlement in the World and its one of those places to go to, just to say that you've been! We would gladly postpone until 2008 (and take cruises to other destinations in 2007), if we could be assured they put that back on the route!

How about more overnight stays. Or at least more late departures. We get to see only a small mid-day slice of life at each port.

I agree, I would rather visit less ports and stay longer at the ports we visit.

Well, I would love to put my ytwo cents in here. I wanted to do the European Explorer for 2007. For 2006 it is going a month earlier. Since I teach I cannot leave on June 2 or 3. It has a very interesting itinerary and does NOT waste many days coming and going out of England. I hate all those at sea days. I prefer sightseeing over resting! LOL. I would like to see more open jaw itineraries where you come and go into two different ports.5days out 14 is way to many for me. I am frorced to look at Oceania when I would rather go with Princess. I am Platinum and enjoy the perks!

karen

Two more who don't fly any more! Would love more cruises from West Coast to Tahiti and Hawaii. And, how about a RT from East Coast to the Med.

And, the Panama Canal from Galveston during the winter months. We'll drive to any port for the right cruise itinerary and price!

• 2 weeks later...

I would LOVE to see Princess cruises out of San Diego!

We are a huge port and deserve to have a great line like Princess crusing from it!

Also how about some Alaska cruises out of Los Angeles?

For those of us who don't like to fly or drive far L.A. is our only close port if we want to stay with cruising the Princess line.

Thank you!

Yasmine

Archived