Some New Princess Summer Itineraries? Where in the World Would You Like to Go?

Host Caroline

Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?

• 7/10-night Canada & New England cruises
    • 7-night Bermuda sailings from East Coast ports
    • 10/11-night Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward
    • 7-night European cruises from Barcelona or Dover with alternating itineraries
    • Some "True" transatlantics ala QM2 style
    • Other ideas?

I'm another west coast cruiser that would like to see a SF/LA intinarery that would sail to Seattle , possible Portland, Vancouver, Victoria. They could have a 5, 7 or even 10 day cruises that change the port cities to give some variety. It would be quite the adventure to cross the bar on the Columbia to get to Portland.

We are celebrating our 35th anniversary in 2008 and would love to do a cruise to Hawaii!!!! I am a teacher and find it impossible to get time for a 15 day trip in the middle of the school year. Would so love to plan something in July or August.;)

How about more overnight stays. Or at least more late departures. We get to see only a small mid-day slice of life at each port.

Also agree, it would be nice to spend more time at a location.

And it should reduce Princess operating expenses also...

And another thing, some smart cruise line should start studying European festivals and schedule strategic port calls to take advantage of the available opportunities. I remember that during my Baltic cruise in 2001 our ship sailed around in circles all night long going from Tallin to Helsinki while in the harbor of Helsinki a grand fireworks show was taking place at midnight. Since it is only a 3 hour ferry transit from Tallin to Helsinki we could have been there in plenty of time to enjoy the show. But I'm sure that NO ONE in the entire cruise line's management had the least idea that they had missed a terrific promotional opportunity or just a way to treat the passangers on that cruise without changing the itinerary at all. I was really bummed over it.Bill

They haven't figured out how to charge extra for it yet...

I know they are there but I wish they'd round trip from Hawaii to Tahiti, The Cook Islands, Bora Bora etc. the most beautiful and clear waters I have ever seen! It's just so expensive to book airfare from or to Tahiti!

Hi:

I'd love to go to South Africa in 4 years for the World Cup on Princess. There was a thread on this started and I think it's since been removed for some reason....I don't really understand why. That's the cruise I would love to take......

Happy Cruising.......Sparkle 10

DW and I would love to do the Italian & French Rivera via a cruise. A couple nights in Venice, add Naples, Rome, Monte Carlo, Niece, Caan. You get the idea.

Personally, I always wanted to see the Holy Land via a cruise. Maybe with a land package for a few of the non - seaport cities.

Norfolk has a new cruise terminal opening next year. I wish Princess would leave from there.

I second that! It is SO much easier if you don't have to fly to and from the cruise. We are less than an hour from the terminal. :) :) :) We booked the Bermuda cruise out of Norfolk the week it was opened for booking.

I would like to see Bermuda on the itinerary out of one of the FL ports. Also, the west coast gets all the short coastals and I have not seen any short (less than 7 days) for Princess out of Florida. I just moved to FL in Oct and with my job can't always get 7 days together. I get 3 weeks vacation but sometimes its hard to do a full week. I am almost tempted to try Carnival or RCI on the short cruises. I could do a 7 day probably every other year. Flying doesn't bother me DH is a pilot. He flys to the bahamas regularly. I just don't want to spend the commercial dollars to fly out of FL unless it is to Alaska.

Cruising is great - but both Rome and Florence are an hour inland - there are just parts of Europe that you need to see on a land tour - but I did love our Med Cruise to which we added our own land tour - just my 2cents

I would like to see Princess have more sailings out of Galveston. I know, not too many exotic places to go, but they could certainly have more cruises to the Mexican Riveria (maybe some "not so common" places)

Just a thought. Also, why don't they sail to the Southern Caribbean during the summer months??

Thanks

Tori

• 2 weeks later...

I would have loved to go to 10/11-night Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward. On my Alaska cruise we went as far as Juneau, which isn't very far up. I wanted to see some snow! (I've never really seen snow, im a California Boy) Maybe a little further north to those small little cities in Alaska would have been fun. To escape completely :D

Alaska Cruise

http://applew.com/news/alaska-cruise

-Playah' in the game called Life

:)http://applew.com

I want Princess to have ships sailing roundtrip from San Francisco to the Mexican Riviera for 10 and 11 day cruises during the SUMMER like they do in the winter and spring. The weather is nicer along the Pacific coast in the summer AND my family will have the time off to cruise. Also, I wouldn't mind even if Princess had 7 and 10 day cruises out of San Pedro in the SUMMER!!! This is the best time for us. Come on, Princess, you can do it! :)

• 3 weeks later...

both are indeed inland but we have done both on a cruise...Rome was best as the cruise started there and we stayed a few days ahead of time. However,we also did rome as one of the stops on a cruise. The train ride is is a regular commute for lots of people so it is a frequent service. you don't have time to explore but you can get in the basics.

florence is also do able but forget standing in line for David. no time. we got greedy and did pisa on the way back. ending up running for the last train back to the ship that would be there in time..

...also want to do the holy land...we were actually booked on one once. our TA booked us on a ship that was in dry dock the week we planned. ended up on an older ship that was not fast enough to make Haifa and the rest of the ports planned so we never made it. now with this situation there we may never make it.

I'd like to see some shorter round trip Seattle trips. The Pacific NW is very beautiful...and the Columbia river is large enough at the mouth that the Coral Princess has been to Astoria. Celebrity offers a 5 day one that includes stops at Victoria, Vancouver and Astoria--it would be great to see Princess do something like this. With the price of air going up and the new tax proposal for Alaska cruises, being able to fly roundtrip Seattle and stay in the NW would offer a new less expensive alternative.

Archived