Covered Pool Areas?

shamda

We are thinking of going on a 5/06 sailing on the Norw. Star. We were on the Star last year for a Pacific NW repo cruise and loved the ship. From what I remember the pool area was not covered and my thinking is that it may be too cold in mid May to go on that ship to Alaska. Can someone suggest a ship we should consider that does have a covered pool area? Am I wrong in my thinking that it would be too cold? I am not looking to go in the pool, I am just talking about being outside in general.

You are wise in thinking an indoor facility would be beneficial... there are many ships on most lines which have this feature. Princess, RCI, Holland and Celebrity have indoor spas with pools or hot tubs... do your research and go with one of them, but don't choose solely on that... priorities should be itinerary, ports, one way vs round trip.... I chose the RCI Serenade for this summer as all the ships with indoor pools on Princess were doing the one way trips this year and I needed a round trip out of Vancouver..... obviously an Alaskan cruise is not about lying around a pool, however I want the option to use it if I so choose....

Nothing like a nice warm Solarium after a windy rainy day whale watching!

Royal Caribbean has a decent one on the Vision of the Seas and a gorgeous one on the Serenade of the Seas, both in Alaska this year.

Archived