Red Hook to JFK - how long by taxi or limo?

RlrCstr

After my cruise on the Crown ends, how long will it take by taxi or limo service to get to JFK? Will I have sufficient time to get off the ship, get my luggage, and take transportation to JFK to make an 11:55am flight (the most convenient non-stop) or should I rebook on a later flight?

After my cruise on the Crown ends, how long will it take by taxi or limo service to get to JFK? Will I have sufficient time to get off the ship, get my luggage, and take transportation to JFK to make an 11:55am flight (the most convenient non-stop) or should I rebook on a later flight?

The actual ride should be in the 40 minutes range(it could take 25 minutes it could take 1 and 1/2 depending on traffic.... The issue will be whether you can get into the limo/taxi and be off. No one knows yet how this will work out since the first ship will be visiting this new pier and port 4/15. I personally would get a limo/car servuce as I am not sure there will be cabs waiting....

Its not that difficult to get to. From CT. Take the Ct Turnpike to the Triboro Bridge take the Triboro to Queens the second exit is the BQE(on the Grand Central) to Brooklyn on the BQE take exit 27 Atlantic Avenue and make a left at the end of the exit and follow the signs. If you prefer taking the Merrit take the Merrit to the Hutchinson River parkway to NY Thurway south to the Triboro and follow the directions above. You can aslo take either the other two bridges to queens, and find your way to the BQE, but the other directions are simpler. Weekday traffic is tough the weekends less so. My summer house was in Westbrook Ct(near old saybrook) and on the weekends coming home was just slightly more than 2 hours.

Its not that difficult to get to. From CT. Take the Ct Turnpike to the Triboro Bridge take the Triboro to Queens the second exit is the BQE(on the Grand Central) to Brooklyn on the BQE take exit 27 Atlantic Avenue and make a left at the end of the exit and follow the signs. If you prefer taking the Merrit take the Merrit to the Hutchinson River parkway to NY Thurway south to the Triboro and follow the directions above. You can aslo take either the other two bridges to queens, and find your way to the BQE, but the other directions are simpler. Weekday traffic is tough the weekends less so. My summer house was in Westbrook Ct(near old saybrook) and on the weekends coming home was just slightly more than 2 hours.

Thank you so much for the directions!!!!!!!!!! Now that I see it it doesnt look that hard at all............we arent leaving till October that getting there was one our biggest concerns................

Sailing 9/30 from Red Hook; we will be driving from Massachusetts getting to Red Hook eventually. My only concern is enough parking. They will have parking for 500, but QM2 and Crown Princess have a lot of passengers. Would not be good to drive down and find there isn't adequate parking. Guess we wait and see after a few sailings.

We're sailing in early August, and we may take a train to NYC and a taxi from there instead of driving. We're waiting to see if (a) there's enough parking and (b) how the costs of parking at the pier, tolls, gas, etc., weigh against train & taxi fare.

I phoned Princess as the flight that would have got me home the same day without staying in Vancouver left at 12:20. They said they wouldn't guarantee getting me to a flight before 1pm so I am now booked on a later flight - just in case.

Archived