QM2 Bed Question

HeelMD

We are in Room 10092 for a June 2007 cruise. I received our confirmation in the mail and the bed is listed as "Queen configuration." Does this mean that it will be two twin beds together with the lump running down the middle? Not a huge deal, but a little disappointing if true given how much it costs. Anyone know one way or the other?

Can you feel a ridge in the middle of the mattress?

The beds in our obstructed balcony (8 deck QM2) were so huge as to not notice the ridge. you could see it, looking at the made beds. But I never once felt it, even if we cuddled. I couldn't even tell you who ended up on the seam when we cuddled. I never felt it.

YMMV,

Karie, who is jealous. Take me along!

(yeah, I know, I'm going on that labor day cruise. But you can never go on too many cruises!)

this may be a silly observation, or two or three, for this thread:

I was on nine deck last year with a cruise companion and there wasnt much room to separate the beds. I finally had to redesign the layout of the suite much to the consternation of our butler. Maybe I should have informed the head housekeeper of why I made the design changes and he was worried he would get into trouble. Or maybe I should have worked it out with the concierge on deck nine.

I expect to be on eight deck obstructed this year as a single traveler, in June. First time I told Cunard I would be going solo, they said they would give me a King. But the cabin they finally assigned me to, they tell me, is a Queen, probably in the put together configuration.

When I was in a suite on the Ecstacy in 2003 with a king size bed, I complained about the abyss in the middle of the bed and they put on a top or something making the abyss much less evident. I wish I could remember the name of my butler on the Ecstacy because he was the most accomodating butler I ever had. He told me to put anything I wanted cleaned on the bed after I rose in the morning and he took care of the laundry and dry cleaning bags and slips. I got anything back within five hours of leaving it on the bed.

I am running out of mula and it is back to the regular cabins for me. And obstructed to boot for the grand mediterranean voyage New York/New York from this coming June 9th thru July 3rd. Brittania class here I come.

:D Can I paint a smilie face on the lifeboat that is in my verandah?:D

I expect to be on eight deck obstructed this year as a single traveler, in June. First time I told Cunard I would be going solo, they said they would give me a King. But the cabin they finally assigned me to, they tell me, is a Queen, probably in the put together configuration.

I am running out of mula and it is back to the regular cabins for me. And obstructed to boot for the grand mediterranean voyage New York/New York from this coming June 9th thru July 3rd. Brittania class here I come.

:D Can I paint a smilie face on the lifeboat that is in my verandah?:D

LC,

It strikes me that in some places they seem to say the config is King, but the reality is Queen, although I will say that our "Queen" in January (consisting of two beds put together) seemed big enough to be a king to me. Certainly it felt bigger than a queen.

As for the lifeboats, the answer is no. I already asked. We told them we wanted to decorate "our" lifeboat, so we'd know which one it was, in the event we needed it! <G> And also so we could tell which one it was from outside! (We happened to take that very boat as a tender at one stop!) But you'd need a very long arm or a very long paintbrush to put a smile on that boat. They are not at all close to the balconies! They are pretty far out, with a catwalk in between.

Hey, sorry you have to "slum it" with us obs balcony types <G> But you'll be fine! And your other choice is to go on another line and get the suite- Suites on other lines seem to be cheaper than Cunard. In fact, I think pretty much every category is cheaper. Or what one calls deluxe or whatever, is a bit smaller on Cunard. In fact, I am a bit surprise that some lines call a room with a couch in it a suite. To me, that is a cabin with a couch! A suite needs a really separate area if not separate room!

Karie,

Who doubts she will ever be a grill passenger.

I agree that there isn't much room to separate the beds. We were in a Junior Suite and I have previously reported that my bed was right up against the curtains and you could feel the North Atlantic chill.

Wayne

We actually found our bed (princess grill) quite uncomfortable.

The seam in the middle was very hard. We mentioned this to our room steward, and he installed a foam "bridge" over the seam. This helped a bit. We do have a habit of sleeping in the middle of the bed.

Others we spoke with were very happy with the beds. Perhaps we had a bad bed?

Alan

Do cats prowl and howl at night on the catwalks?

GEEZ! <smacking forhead>

And all this time I've been thinking it was the ghost!

Never mind all those ghost stories folks! It was a cat! <G>

Karie, who should get to bed before someone throws something at her! Oh yeah, and there's no ridge in my bed, but we have a waterbed which has become less waveless over time. One gets in, the other has to hold on to keep from getting washed overboard! It keeps me nostalgic between cruises! <G>

We just got off QM2 after 12 nights on 6 deck and were only today discussing how comfortable the bed was.

When I told her it was two wide single beds pushed together, Her Loveliness didn't believe me.

There was no "abyss", and I only realised they were two separate beds when I went to stow the suitcases underneath.

Archived