Furniture *inside* an aft balcony cabin

flyaway

So, there is lots of talk about the great balconies on these cabins, but there's not much talk about the inside. It sounds like there is no couch, but is there anywhere to sit at all, other than on the bed? A chair or two? How is the television situated?

If anyone has *indoors* aft balcony cabin pictures or can provide a room description, it would be much appreciated!

We are booked in 7453 on the Freedom! :) 17 1/2 months to wait!

Is this a regular aft or a wrap around?

I have the same question, were sailing on the Liberty in room 6483 & I would love to know if there is a couch in there. My pvp said yes but I have seen pics of these wrap rooms & there not showing a couch.

Regular aft, not wrap-around.

I have been reading everything I can find on here, and it seems hit or miss. Some people say they had a couch and some say they didn't. So maybe we won't know until we step into the room?

But I really hope it has at least a chair or two at least. A couple chairs angled toward the TV instead of a couch would be just as good to me.

On Conquest, our friends have the wrap-a-round and we are next to them in the "L"? shaped with the bigger balcony and neither have couches. I was really suprised that the big wrap-a-round room did not have one, but it doesn't. It does have a chair, looks like a lazy boy type chair,,,our room just has what looks like a desk type chair.

DW and I were on the Valor last week in an aft balcony cabin, right next to the wrap around. Not only was the balcony 50% larger, but the cabin was comfortably large enough and did contain a couch. The couch even had two large dresser drawers underneath. We think the aft balconies are the best cabins on the ship, any ship.

Harvey

We were on the Valor two weeks ago. Our tablemates had us all to their corner cabin with huge balcony before dinner for wine and shusi. The cabin was not rectangular, the bed was under the balcony windows. They did not have a couch but had 4 or 6 chairs on their balcony. There was a chair under the 'desk'. The TV's are all set up so you can watch them from your bed but some swivle so you can turn them. Tablemates were in cabin 7440.

Cabin 7453 on the Conquest had just one "desk style" chair. It did have the small oval table, which we used as "TV table" to eat from when ordered room service... that was nice. Had a fridge and hairdryer. It was a bigger than average room, but no couch. The balcony IS twice the size and we had two loungers and a table out there with room for 2-3 more chairs. Very Nice. Well be in the cabin next door come November :D

We were on Glory on a Aft cabin and we had a couch and my sister next to us had a couch. The other couple we were with was almost on the end before you get to the corner cabin and they had two chairs. We were on the Empress Deck. It is the best deck . Two decks down is action and two decks up is action But no noise between. It was so great! Oh how I wish I was still there. Already looking for next year. Have Fun!!

We had an aft balcony in cabin 6453 on the Liberty 2 weeks ago and yes, there is a couch but no real chair. The aft balcony was great, double deep, and we really enjoyed the views at sunset and having breakfast out there each morning. But it was too hot during the day to sit out there so it got limited use overall. Deck 6 aft on Liberty does get some noise from the lounges in the PM but it didn't bother me and usually subsided by 1 AM. I'd book this again if the price was right!

We had an aft balcony in cabin 6453 on the Liberty 2 weeks ago and yes, there is a couch but no real chair. The aft balcony was great, double deep, and we really enjoyed the views at sunset and having breakfast out there each morning. But it was too hot during the day to sit out there so it got limited use overall. Deck 6 aft on Liberty does get some noise from the lounges in the PM but it didn't bother me and usually subsided by 1 AM. I'd book this again if the price was right!

Carnivals web site is showing cabin # 6453 as being on the starboard side could your cabin have been 6452 ?

Seems you are getting information here regarding the corner wrap arounds and the regular cabins that are across the back of the ship reguarlar cat 8 cabins--

the 9s mostly do not have the sofa. some cabins have them some dont.

Regular cat 8 do have the sofa. there is only 1-3 depending on the class that the sofa converts to a bed.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283577025062547426xCvlQF

in all our afts we always had a sofa.

took us three cruises to realize there are two huge drawers located under the sofa for storage.

Archived