Emeralds In St Thomas

hac82

I have searched this forum for this information and I did not see it so here it goes.

My DW has been to St. Thomas many times before in the past before we got together and now that we are going back this summer, she insists that she has to find a place called the Emerald Room, She stated that everytime whe went there before it was closed. She want to go back to see what they have for emeralds.

I cannot find any information about this place on the internet or this forum. If anyone has heard of this place, please let me know. If not then please let me know of alternatives.

I guess you can tell what we are going to be doing when we get there. :( At least I get to go to Paradise Point for a Bushwacker as a trade off. :rolleyes:

Is that the actual name of the shop ? I have been there many times but don't recall ever seeing it. Somtimes shops come and go but there are many that have been there for years.

Islander who lives on St.Thomas might be able to help.:)

My DW was there in the late 70's and she insists that that is the name of the place although I have my doubts. I do not know if it was near Frenchman's Reef or not since she always talks about both of them in the same breath. Then again, she talks also about the place that is called Paradise Point and she does not recall it by that name.

Any information that I can get for her will make it easier for me since I do not want to be going all over Charlotte Amalie looking for a place that does not exist. :D

Hello,

Emerald Room doesn't ring a bell, perhaps it existed in the 70's but doesn't now; as mentioned stores change names, ownership, come and go. Or maybe it was Columbian Emeralds - they had several stores here in the past, they closed up shop & left for a bit, and recently re-opened a store in Cruz Bay St. John. They may have had a location at Frenchman's Reef - don't recall.

What does she remember Paradise Point being called?

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived