Stockholm Ferry from Nybroplan

Anyone know what time the ferry begins to run?

Thanks,

Kurt

This line is more of a service to tourists during high season and serves the Vasa museum and Gröna Lund amusement park. In other words it is not a regular ferry like the one between Slussen and Gröna Lund.

According to Strömmakanalbolaget, the company that runs the service, it will begin this year on April 29th with the first boat leaving at 10:20 AM and will run on weekends only. Beginning June 6th, it will also run during the week.

The information is not on their website yet, and the girl on the phone could not provide much more information than what I posted above. So, I would not want to plan my time plan around the Nybroplan line, but this gives you general idea of what to expect.

Al

This line is more of a service to tourists during high season and serves the Vasa museum and Gröna Lund amusement park. In other words it is not a regular ferry like the one between Slussen and Gröna Lund.

According to Strömmakanalbolaget, the company that runs the service, it will begin this year on April 29th with the first boat leaving at 10:20 AM and will run on weekends only. Beginning June 6th, it will also run during the week.

The information is not on their website yet, and the girl on the phone could not provide much more information than what I posted above. So, I would not want to plan my time plan around the Nybroplan line, but this gives you general idea of what to expect.

Al

Thanks for the response...My ship docks at 9:00 at Stadsgards-terminal. The shuttle I believe drops off at the opera house. The first boat at 10:20 would be to late. I probably walk or take a taxi from the opera house to Vasa.

Thanks,

Kurt

Thanks for the response...My ship docks at 9:00 at Stadsgards-terminal. The shuttle I believe drops off at the opera house. The first boat at 10:20 would be to late. I probably walk or take a taxi from the opera house to Vasa.

Thanks,

Kurt

Since 911 they have installed a lot of new security down by the docks. I used to be able to walk right up to the gangway, and I really miss that. The point is, if you are docked at the far end of Stadsgården I believe you will find a little ticket booth and a place where a boat stops and takes you to Nybroplan (and maybe Vasa and Gröna Lund). Like I said, it is now inside the security area, so I can't really give any more info, but it was there in the past. This applies only to the dock at the far end of Stadsgården. If you are closer to the Old Town, you can just walk to Slussen and get the ferry from there.

If someone docks there this season and takes that boat I'm sure everyone would appreciate a little report (ticket price, etc.). It really is a neat way to get to the center of things from that dock.

Hope this helps

Archived