Mariner 5/7/06....I will not

alli

OVERPACK. I will not over pack. I will not over pack.

They say if you write things down you're more prone to accomplish your feat.

My husband just booked this cruise and it'll be our first in over a year and a half ( we built a house in between things).

Anyway, off to read more reviews and comments......

I'm still chanting my mantra....umm....I will not overpack....I will not....

opinions on Chops or the Italian restaurant please. Worth it to do either one? If you were going to pick between the two, which one is preferred.

Hello...I just posted for the first time on the roll call thread for Mariner of the Seas, 6/11/06 cruise.

About packing.

I've read conflicting things online about dress for men; specifically casual and smart casual. I understand no shorts or jeans (we won't even be packing jeans -- we're from Chicago and wear jeans too much other times of the year!) in the dining room during dinner. I was planning on packing for casual nights for him, Dockers and a polo type or Hawiian shirt, and for smart casual nights, Dockers and a nicer sport shirt (cotton, short or long sleeve), something like what he wears to work each day for business casual. I read on another website that smart casual would be a jacket and tie for men (sport coat but not a suit). Is this true? I'm trying not to overpack!!

Despite our best intentions, we ALWAYS overpack! We do make the lists, but wind up packing extra anyway because we cannot decide what to leave out.

We even have a little chart by day of clothes needed, but it only keeps us from forgetting something, not limiting the clothes. Oh well, there are worse habits to have.

No need for a tie or jacket on smart casual night. As a mater of fact, plan only for the two formal nights and the rest casual. you could do a long sleeve dress shirt with the Dockers for smart casual if you like.

Chops & Portofino: both are most certainly worth the extra cost. We prefer Chops, but Portofino is also excellent. You will not be disappointed with either.

I was under the impression that they had dropped the 'smart casual' nights. I wasn't planning on packing my husband's blue blazer, just his dark suit for the 2 formal nights( that's for confirming this EBFURR).

Archived