Missing Threads??? -- Clarification Maybe???

Host Caroline

There was some discussion regarding a "missing thread"... just to clarify... often there is nothing wrong with a thread per se and the topic being debated, discussed etc... sometimes even being beaten to death as we all know..:rolleyes: BUT as long as the thread stays on topic and no one comes in and starts to devour the little fish, it's fine.. Sometimes a good thread just goes bad i.e. kinda like the situation in school where a few kids just make it impossible for the teacher to sort out who the real instigator is and everyone has to stay after school (ahh.. those days were soooo long ago but I do remember that;) ). Sometimes a thread also becomes a personal vendetta against another CC member, a cruise line, or a situation so that the good discussion in there and the mess that ensues somewhere along the way on page 2 just can't be sorted out... in those situations it's often a matter that to keep the good and weed out the offensive would take ages (and using quote feature really makes that worse) and there's just no way to separate the two and keep any continuity...

To those of you who are following good threads that go bad, I apologize..it's often a situation where the guidelines have to hold court over the information in there. and on those occasions I am truly sorry ... I really don't like being here as policeman any more than you like seeing the patrol car come...but it's my job, ya' know???

Motto: ::sigh:: behave, healthy debate and discourse but mutter names and comments that you wouldn't stay in the champagne bar to yourself or the dog.... ????

Shoechick I think if you reread the post it is clear .

Sorry, don't agree. To delete a what...7 page thread detailing all the new Europe itineraries that probably took someone hours to put together rather than delete a few posts regarding prices is worth it. The upgrading one had no redeeming qualities, so maybe the time it takes to delete a few posts is worth it.

Sorry, don't agree. To delete a what...7 page thread detailing all the new Europe itineraries that probably took someone hours to put together rather than delete a few posts regarding prices is worth it. The upgrading one had no redeeming qualities, so maybe the time it takes to delete a few posts is worth it.

Here was the response to that question:

it's often a situation where the guidelines have to hold court over the information in there. and on those occasions I am truly sorry

If the whole subject / thread doesn't go away...the nastiness may just reappear.

I have noticed some posts tend to get nasty. My question is when they are pulled does it tell you someplace that they have been moved.

If the post is off topic like general questions about a port like Alaska asked in the Princess forum, it will be likely moved to the Alaska forum. The nasty ones usually get deleted in their entirety

There were a couple of threads that I had been following and upon returning to the site after the weekend they were no where to be found. I thought maybe I wasn't looking in the right place and I went back to the beginning of the section without results. Thanks for explaining what happens Caroline.

Archived