Short day in Anchorage - Must see?

HockeyBoysMom

We are arriving in Anchorage about 12am on a Friday pm/Saturday am, and are staying at the Red Roof Inn. We are being picked up by the Alaskan Leopard Comedy Tour at 2:00pm at our hotel. We were wondering with only a few hours in the morning and early afternoon, is there a must see in Anchorage. I really want to go out to the Alaska Wildberry Products factory, as I have seen many references to that on the Food Network and it always looked so good. I know there are alot of shuttles to get around based upon the Anchorage Visitor's guide, so between those and a few taxi's I am sure we can get around alright. I just wanted some idea of what you would do with only a few hours. Thanks.

Dusty

Alaska Wildberry factory is fun, very touristy. I stop by there alot for the chocolate covered blueberries and cherries. YUMMMY They have a 20' chocolate fall that I want to stick my finger in so badly..lol.

Alaska fur exchange isn't very far from there and they have some really neat native items.

The Alaska Experince Theatre is downtown.

I don't know anything about shuttles as I usually have a vehicle but with my taxi experince up there, expect a bit of a wait, they always seem slow.

To me ...Anch is just another big city good for bingo, Walmart, Taco Bell and horseback riding! :)

Our favorite place is the Alaska Museum of History and Art in downtown Anchorage. (especially if it's raining!) We go to Anchorage 1-2 times a year to visit grandchildren, and always go there at least once. On a weekend in summer, they probably will have the "Saturday Market" on 3rd and C(maybe?). That's a fun place in good weather.

Archived