First Cruise--Rolling the dice

brody2005

I'm planning my first cruise and I have predetermined vacation June10-17. I can't find any specific singles cruises for these dates. Are they out there and I'm just missing them? I found a Carnivale cruise that sounds great and meets my dates, but its not a singles cruise. Am I rolling the dice if I just book a "regular" cruise? I'll have a friend along, and I expect we'd have fun regardless. But I know we'd both prefer other single folks (particularly of the opposite sex) to socialize with on our trip (we're both 28).

Any advice?

Any fun 20-30 something single people on carnivale june10 from tampa?

I appreciate the help.

I was also looking for singles cruises for a week that I can go, but was unable to find anything. There is one the week before and one the week after, but not that week, and I chose that week because I have the week off of school (full time student, job and single parent). I ended up chosing to go on the Carnival Imagination July 31. I am nervous about other "singles", but that isnt why I am going - I am going to just get out and do something I have never done before. I wouldn't be nervous if you have a friend with you - you will have a blast, just like I will!! ;)

I'm planning my first cruise and I have predetermined vacation June10-17. I can't find any specific singles cruises for these dates. Are they out there and I'm just missing them? I found a Carnivale cruise that sounds great and meets my dates, but its not a singles cruise. Am I rolling the dice if I just book a "regular" cruise? I'll have a friend along, and I expect we'd have fun regardless. But I know we'd both prefer other single folks (particularly of the opposite sex) to socialize with on our trip (we're both 28).

Any advice?

Any fun 20-30 something single people on carnivale june10 from tampa?

I appreciate the help.

brody2005,

I sailed for the first time this past November on the Conquest. I went solo, but it wasn't a singles cruise. Trust me when I tell you, there were plenty of singles and solo travelers onboard of all ages. I'm 39, and didn't feel out of place for a second, and I'm actually sailing solo again in 18 days:D . You and your friend will have a great time!! :)

If you limit yourself to "singles cruises" you really limit your options. If it's just about hooking up, there are probably better/cheaper options anyway. As people say, there should be a number of singles in your age group. You just have to find them, but there are singles mixers on most cruises. Plus, in July the ship will have plenty of kiddies running around to remind you to play safe. :D

Archived