Are there any formal nights on 3 night cruise?

newcruiserx2

I am going on a 3 night pacific coastal cruise. Does anyone know if there will be any formal nights? If so, is formal night for the regular dining room, or just the alternative restaurant? Thanks for your help!

PS: I'm going on the Zaandam, if that makes a difference

I went on a two-day Carnival cruise last November. There was a formal night, which happened to be the last night of the cruise. I think cruises try to schedule at least one formal night because they do such good business selling formal portraits.

Thanks! So you know if there are any irons available on borad? Or, can and should I take one?

Thanks! So you know if there are any irons available on borad? Or, can and should I take one?

go to the HAL board and ask there. I know On Disney any cruise less then 7 days does not have a formal night.

You know-normally HAL does not have mini cruisesnormally-except for those reposioning cruises a couple of times a year-so I would call HAL directly- as you are taking a reposioning cruise-to find out.

Or else you could just pack a LBD- and have some jewelry with yoiu to glam it up if needed. That way if there is no formal night-you could still wear the dress to dinner-just don't glam it up.

Irons are a big no-no on any cruiseline! Huge fire hazard, and could overload the circuits. Read your information booklet the cruiseline send you...I'm sure it will be mentioned. (Not sure about your ship, but most have passenger laundry rooms.)

Irons are a big no-no on any cruiseline! Huge fire hazard, and could overload the circuits. Read your information booklet the cruiseline send you...I'm sure it will be mentioned. (Not sure about your ship, but most have passenger laundry rooms.)

If your ship has a passenger laundry room, it is likely to have irons and ironing boards available in the laundry room. But NO irons in the cabins!

I'm almost positive that the Zaandam has a laundry room and besides the washers and dryers there...you will find an ironing board or two along with the requisite iron to use.

Hope this helps...

Happy sailing!

that is what I was thinking-I know the HAL cruise that I took years ago had laundry rooms. the only lines I have seen that do not have them is Celebrity and RCCL-I am sure there are other lines-that is just the lines that I have been on.

Update:

I called HAL and found out that there will be one formal, one semi-formal and one casual night on my 3 night cruise. Oh, and I finally broke down and bought a long gown for formal night. Got a good deal so I feel better now.

Happy cruising!

Update:

I called HAL and found out that there will be one formal, one semi-formal and one casual night on my 3 night cruise. Oh, and I finally broke down and bought a long gown for formal night. Got a good deal so I feel better now.

Happy cruising!

Just thought I would ask-did HAL call it "semi formal" or "informal"? I had this person over on the Celebrity board insist that HAL calls it "informal"-like Celebrity. But I sure thought HAL called it "semi formal" when I took my HAL cruise 5 years ago.

Not that it matters-either term means you still dress up-just not quite as dressy as formal night but dressier then casual night. It just kind've irked me that this person corrected me in a snotty,argumentative, way. All I could say was when I took my one cruise it was called semi-formal-but perhaps the term had changed.

Just thought I would ask-did HAL call it "semi formal" or "informal"? I had this person over on the Celebrity board insist that HAL calls it "informal"-like Celebrity. But I sure thought HAL called it "semi formal" when I took my HAL cruise 5 years ago.

Not that it matters-either term means you still dress up-just not quite as dressy as formal night but dressier then casual night. It just kind've irked me that this person corrected me in a snotty,argumentative, way. All I could say was when I took my one cruise it was called semi-formal-but perhaps the term had changed.

The particular woman I spoke to when I called HAL called it semi-formal.

The particular woman I spoke to when I called HAL called it semi-formal.

That is what I thought-that person on the Celebrity board was just being a jerk. I hate it when someone corrects me and it is them that does not know what they are talking about.

Archived