X Famous Iced Tea

seasill

I don't have a clue, but I do have an idea for you: Go to the roll call boards for an upcoming CONSTELLATION cruise and ask the participants to please ask that question for you while they are on their cruise. Offer out your email address to them, and post a reminder just before sailing. You never know. :)

Or, if you know the name of the food service director, email him and ask. I am sure they will be happy to tell you.

I love good iced tea, too, and use Salada to make multiple pitchers each morning Spring through Fall. It isn't X's tea, but it does make great iced tea. (five bags to a half gallon brewed for ten minutes)

Cheers~

Nicki

You liked their ice tea? Wow!

You can try duplicating it with regular instant tea (unsweetened). Some restaurant supplie houses also carry a concentrate. I've also seen some tea concentrates at BJ's.

ocngypz,

I have seen them use a concentrate which looks like dark motor oil. I mix 2/3rds lemonaide with 1/3rd punch for a quite nice drink. The over tart lemonaide works well with the over sweet punch. Try it.

I like water, real lemon squeezed from the slices, and a shot of punch for a little sweetner. Voila. Pink lemonade!

Seasill, I was assuming you were talking about the iced tea in the dining room, because they brew it fresh there. The stuff up in the buffet and at the drink stations is a concentrate, which is completely different in taste. If you meant the dining room tea, then the Salada brew that I make is a close proximation of that.

I do hope you find out what they use, but my recipe is a close second. We moved here last September and now I can't get Salada, so when any of our friends or family visits, they bring a passle of boxes with them. Somehow we've managed to stay in tea (we use a lot!) Again, best of luck!

Cheers~

Nicki

Seasill, I was assuming you were talking about the iced tea in the dining room, because they brew it fresh there. The stuff up in the buffet and at the drink stations is a concentrate, which is completely different in taste. If you meant the dining room tea, then the Salada brew that I make is a close proximation of that.

I do hope you find out what they use, but my recipe is a close second. We moved here last September and now I can't get Salada, so when any of our friends or family visits, they bring a passle of boxes with them. Somehow we've managed to stay in tea (we use a lot!) Again, best of luck!

Cheers~

Nicki

Yes, Nicki, I surely did mean the Iced Tea from the dining room. I love it! Had it three times a day. I'll definitely try the Salada. Have you ever tried just steeping tea bags overnight in cold water? Thanks again,

Seasill

Hi seasil

I was on the Constellation w. you,

Our ice tea came out like motor oil a couple of nites, in the dining room. I asked the assist waiter, he said it was a concentrate that pulls water at the same time. we had him add 1/2 water half icetea..

I am going on the Constellation next week and will find out. I work for Bigelow tea and I know they do buy from us, but not sure if they use it for their iced tea. I have tea morning, noon and night and never get tired of it, it help that Bigelow has great tea!!

I am going on the Constellation next week and will find out. I work for Bigelow tea and I know they do buy from us, but not sure if they use it for their iced tea. I have tea morning, noon and night and never get tired of it, it help that Bigelow has great tea!!

GREEN tea Eileen?

I drink it daily too....

With Green w/Honey.. YUM....

You will be happy to know

the DW drinks your Constant Comment Orange

and, Spices...

while I drink my GREEN...:D

We're off on a B2B Constellation T/A

on April 28 to Dover and, the Baltic cruise. May 6 form Dover,

for another 2 weeks...

Do you (or, anyone) know if GREEN tea is offered on the

Connie?

I can take my own, so, I appreciate it if anyone knows...

Eileen,

I am a big loose tea Constant Comment fan. I buy cases of it at a time mail order from Bigelow,(since that is the only way to get it anymore) and we make a couple of large pots every single night during the winter after supper. After it warms up, we're back to our 2 half gallone pitchers a day of brewed tea for iced tea. But it's Constant Comment every evening during the cool months for us.

Cheers~

Nicki

I love iced tea, and brew mine fresh every morning. My favorite is Red Rose tea, which I steep in a pot, then pour it over ice.

When cruising, I will order a pot of hot water, a bucket of Ice and I make my own. I get a small pitcher than I can fill with tea and keep in the refer to enjoy later on in the day. There is something so refreshing about fresh iced tea.

Rick

:) Everyone is so different. I drink iced tea all day long and love it but don't touch the stuff on Celebrity. I've tried it a few times and it's not for me but that's o.k. -- I can live without iced tea while on a cruise.

Good luck finding the recipe.

eileeno,

Wow you work for Bigelow! Happens to be my favorite tea. Also the favorite tea of my favorite curmudgeon, Don Imus! He's always drinking Bigelow on his show.

If I can't get Bigelow, I use Tetley or Red Rose or Luzianne. Anything but Lipton. Has a very strange taste that doesn't go well with southern iced tea.

Cil, who started this thread is a very dear friend of mine and I hope someone will get the info for her on the next sailing of the Connie. It's going to be summer soon and she needs some iced tea! :D

Add me to the ones who order a pot of hot tea in the afternoon and make my own iced tea.

Hey Gary and Tugggers.....so glad you both drink Bigelow!!! They have so many great flavors but my favorite is Green tea w/lemon also. Bigelow also now has a Charleston Tea Plantation in SC and one of the local favorites is a tea called American Classic which Bigelow also now produces. I am going on the Connie next week and am going to bring my favorites along just in case they don't have them. If I find out any info on the cruise I will report back!!

ocngypz,

I mix 2/3rds lemonaide with 1/3rd punch for a quite nice drink. The over tart lemonaide works well with the over sweet punch. Try it.

That's a great idea, thanks for sharing. I think the punch is too sweet and the lemonade too tart also. That mixture ought to be perfect!

Lori

Hey Gary and Tugggers.....so glad you both drink Bigelow!!! They have so many great flavors but my favorite is Green tea w/lemon also. Bigelow also now has a Charleston Tea Plantation in SC and one of the local favorites is a tea called American Classic which Bigelow also now produces. I am going on the Connie next week and am going to bring my favorites along just in case they don't have them. If I find out any info on the cruise I will report back!!

Thanks Eileen...

I assume you will be getting off at Cape Liberty, in Bayonne,

from your cruise?

As you get disembark, we will be getting on for the T/A to LeHarve

and, Dover....and, we are doing the B2B Baltic cruise...

So, since we will be on for 23 days, if you have any EXTRA

leftover Bigelow, drop it off at cabin # 6019, Penthouse Deck :D

I will think of you every day as we cross ;)

Gary,

Why are you doing a b2b cruise? Is it cheeper that way? Just curious.:D

~mary~

Hey Mary:

Yeah...it is because we are taking 2 cruises and, only have one airfare.

Plus, we don't have to ride 9 1/2 hours and a 2 1/2 hour

bus ride to Dover to catch the ship..

We CRUISE across the Atlantic in the lap of

luxury on the CONSTELLATION instead of riding in the coach

section of an airliner all night!

Plus, we like the "sea days". Plus, packing up and, traveling...

We are taking a "long term rental" on our cabin...easier that way :D

Archived