Transfer to the ship

NanciEA

We are new to Regent and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what time you are transferred from your hotel to the ship if you have booked a pre-cruise package with the cruise line? We booked a two night pre-cruise package in London with Regent for prior to our September cruise. If the stated boarding time is 3:00 is that what time they will transfer you? Do you have any choice in the matter? While this might seem like an obvious question, we have never used cruise line transfers before. I know we have arrived as early as noon before on other cruise lines and they let you board, but not go to your cabin. Actually for this cruise, we would rather arrive later and spend most of the day in London. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

I usually don't book pre-cruise with the line, but I think their practise is to get you to the ship pretty close to the 3 o'clock boarding time. I usually board around 1 or so, and have lunch. I have been wondering through the boarding area when I have seen large groups arriving at precisely the boarding time.

I's usually @ 1430 for the transfer, but you can ask the RSSC rep at the hotel for an earlier time if you want. You may get it and you may not, depending on the number of people they have to transfer. If you're doing a premium package where you have limo transport to the ship, you can specify the time you want to go. You can usually board any time after 1230, but you can't go to your stateroom until @ 1430.

I think they only offer transfer if you book the air also throught the cruiseline. Maybe I am wrong?!

If there is a group of passager staying in the same hotel as you are, they will have a bus pick you up ~3pm. If it was only you, a limo(small) or even taxi will come pick you up.

The port in Dover is a bit longer to get to from Central London - we're doing the reverse in June and disembarking there. I think it's about an hour and a half to get to the ship. If you want to avoid the bus, you can arrange your own transportation to the ship and go earlier to board. Make sure you let them know at the hotel you will not use the transfer because they will hold everyone up looking for you!

We did not book our air with Regent, but are using ff miles. We did book a two night precruise hotel package which includes transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to Greenwich, where ship will be docked. We are not looking to board early, but rather wish to go later and spend most of the day in London. The ship doesn't depart until after midnight. I was just wondering if we could pick our time of departure from the hotel.

Archived