Cruise Documents

dasl8789

I am going on my first cruise in May with friends. My friends booked their cruise directly with the cruise line and received their documents 3 weeks ago. I booked my cruise through Expedia and they don't send out the cruise documents until 10-14 days prior to departure. I will be traveling then so I will not be at a permanent address to receive them. They send them UPS ground so they can't give a specific delivery date. The supervisor at Expedia said to print out the registration form from the web site and that's all you need. The cruise line says they will e-mail the documents to me if Expedia will change it. Expedia says can't help you. Anyone else ever have this problem? Expedia does not tell you they will hold your documents and send them out 10 days prior to departure, they asked me if I asked the sales rep when I might receive my documents????? I won't be using Expedia again. Do all web travel sites do this? Any advice on what to do?

What cruise line are you sailing? A lot of cruise lines will send the documents out to people who booked with them directly first, and then send them to the TAs to be distributed. It isn't necessarily that Expedia isn't sending it on to you and they've got them. They probably don't even have them yet.

NCL - Alaska 5/20/06. I guess if Expedia doesn't have them, they should tell me we don't receive them from the cruise line until then and then they are sent right out. They just keep saying we don't send them out until then but we can send them anywhere in the US. Not that it matters but NCL sent their documents FED EX overnight and not UPS ground. I'm very aggravated at the poor customer service, and I paid Expedia a fee.

HI,

I think that you can tell Expedia to transfer your reservations/tickets back to the cruiseline. I'm not 100% sure about that but I've done it from a TA back to the cruiseline before.........

I'd ask your cruiseline about this!

Sue

HI,

I think that you can tell Expedia to transfer your reservations/tickets back to the cruiseline. I'm not 100% sure about that but I've done it from a TA back to the cruiseline before.........

I'd ask your cruiseline about this!

Sue

NCL - Alaska 5/20/06. I guess if Expedia doesn't have them, they should tell me we don't receive them from the cruise line until then and then they are sent right out. They just keep saying we don't send them out until then but we can send them anywhere in the US. Not that it matters but NCL sent their documents FED EX overnight and not UPS ground. I'm very aggravated at the poor customer service, and I paid Expedia a fee.

I don't blame you for being upset. I will tell you one thing that might help: you don't have to have the docs, you can check in at the pier, but that isn't the best way. This is too bad as NCL is one line that sends docs almost always as soon as final payment has been made. Did you explain to them you would be traveling? I am sure you did. If so what do they suggest? Maybe they can send them to your friends. At least you will have them when you get to the pier. Be sure you pre register on the net. I hope this helps a little. NMnita

As long as you have a confirmation number, you really don't need the docs. You can obtain luggage tags at the port, so no problem there, either.

We have a short NCL repo cruise leaving May 4th and have no docs as of yet, I'm not worried about it a bit.

Edit to add, have you gone online to the NCL site and completed your Advanced Guest Registration? After you complete that, you can print out that document. You can also read through and book any shore excursions if you wish to do that in advance.

Here's a link to the site, in case you haven't done this yet:

http://www.ncl.com/more/prepare_cruise.htm

Don't worry..Cruiselines are very good about getting your docs to you...it may be the week before, but you will have them. I agree with the other posters, that if by chance they are late, the cruiseline will take care of you at the pier. Expedia and other large online agency's book their reservations as group reservations. Documents are usually later with groups, due to the fact that ALL members of the group will need to have paid final payment prior to docs being printed. If there was one person who did not pay FP on time, that will hold the entire groups docs up.

Bottom line, don't let this worry you...you will have a great vacation:)

Expedia should be able to change your address for your docs if you will be somewhere they can send them. If they tell you no, demand to speak to a supervisor. As far as moving your res back to the cruiseline, I believe that after final payment no agency changes can be made.

We booked with travelocity. They were great! We sail on Monday the 17th and we received our doc's in the middle of March - at least a month early. I was really happy with that. It gave plenty of time to read them over and make sure everything was o.k.

Dals, hopefully, you're worrying for nothing. Another thing you might want to do is to get your reservations "linked" with the others in your group, since you booked separately. In doing this, you'll be assured of having the same dining assignment.:)

Archived