Grand Cayman Excursion Opinion

daveky

Daveky,

I don't know if my opinion will be of any help to you, but here it is. When we were in Bora Bora, I did a helmet dive. I put pictures of me underwater, in our review at http://www.thepreismans.com I can truthfully say that it was one of the best excursions I've ever been on. My friend is claustrophobic, and she did NOT have any problem doing it. I could even wear my glasses under the helmet. I do snorkle, but since I'm not a good swimmer, I get too tired very quickly. With the helmet, I could just walk along the bottom. It left me free to enjoy the sights. The neatest thing of all though was that we had a mesh bag tied to our helmet. In it was a loaf of French bread. All I had to do was give it a little squeeze and crumbs would come out. Then I was surrounded by hundreds of colorful fish! :D

We were on NOS last week. My nephew and his friend (both 17) were on the 2 man bubble sub and they loved it. It was their favorite excursion and they both said it was one of the favorite things that they did on our cruise. I also tried to book my DH and DS on the bubble sub, but it was booked. They did the Helmet Dive in Cozumel and they loved that also. My son is 10 and this was one his favorite things on the cruise. I don't think that you will be disappointed in either choice. My only advice is book early for the 2 man bubble sub because the space is very limited.

Archived