HAL World Cruise 2007

voyagerx

Anyone booked on this cruise? It certainly would be nice to know some family starting out. We often set up private excursions in foreign ports and also, through the internet, get to meet gays in other countries. They have been wonderful to us. Private tours are, to us, more flexible and enjoyable. It would be very nice to share them, and the expense, with other gays.

We posted a roll call for our Fall 2006 HAL Pacific Explorer Cruise and received no replys. At the first FOD party on board, 25-30 gays showed up. Is it that the GLBT board on CC is not sufficiently well known among gay cruisers? Let's get the word out.

It looks really interesting. What a GREAT concept!

I wish they would have sent me this brochure last year – back when I treated myself to a large chunk of time off. It would have been a fantastic experience. Much better than booking a berth on a worldwide freighter which is also something I had always wanted to do. The idea of linking multiple cruises together to form your own worldwide itinerary never occurred to me. I wish this one went to Asia as well though. But now I'm back to being tied to a desk working again. No season-long cruise for me in the near future. Sigh!

I would love to hear what such an experience would be like. Would you miss having your own kitchen for so long, etc. Fascinating!

Booking relatively early provides many perks: no per diem gratuity dedutciton, free shipping to and from ship of luggage starting at 100lbs (amount depends on cabin class), $1000/stateroom onboard credit and other reductions. If you use a large Seattle firm to book through, you can get free excursions, transport to ship and overnight hotel stay.

• 4 weeks later...

My partner and I have booked the 64 day Asia, Australia and Polynesia cruise on the Amsterdam in Sept. 2007. I presume the World Cruise is another itinerary. If you cruised on the Amsterdam last year I would appreciate any comments. Have sailed Statendam, Zaandam and old Nieuw Amsterdam but not the newest Amsterdam.

My partner and I did the Pacific Rim cruise Fall 2005. It was fabulous; encouraged us to book the world cruise for 2007. If you would like to ask any specific questions you can email me at: voyageurx729@yahoo.com. There is much I can suggest to you to make your trip even more enjoyable. Please feel free.

I am still hoping that other "family" will contact us prior to sailing. As indicated above, I expect there will a significant number.

Archived