Hotels near Miami Port

Scott5150

Hi,

I am a first time Miami Cruiser and I am looking for info on hotels near the RCCL Cruise Terminal (Voyager - 12/9/06). Where does everyone stay the night before the cruise, or for a day or so when they get back to Miami?

I have 2 young children (6 and 3) so keep that in mind.

Thanks!

Scott

I stayed at the Intercontential Hotel. Here are some pictures ...

DCP_0042.jpg

Across the street, to the right of the picture above is the free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

Here is the hotel's pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

Here is the view out the window in the morning ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And here is a view of the hotel from the deck of the cruise ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

There are a lot of hotels in the Miami area so it really depends on what your expectations are in a hotel. We always stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown. It's very near the port and right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. Not fancy but good for a pre-cruise nights stay.

There are threads on the Hotels board that may be of assistance for you.

Hi Scott.

My wife and I have stayed at the Hyatt downtown just around the corner from the Intercontinental. It was OK, nothing to jump up and down about.

On our Freedon trip in June, we are at the Intercontinental. I'm looking forward to some of the views that Cuizer2 has posted here. The Intercontinental is just about a rock's throw from the pier.

Several folks over the years have stayed at the Holiday inn that someone else mentioned. Everyone seem to really like it. It is clean and doesn't cost an arm or a leg.

Some folks go out to Miami Beach for a place on the beach. I've not considered that since we usually only stay the night before in Miami. I really don't see staying out on Miami Beach at sometimes truly astronomical costs for just one night. If I were staying more than one night, I might do it though.

I vote Intercontinental!

I'm cruising with about 20 people in August and was able to get a group rate at the Courtyard by Marriott for the night before. They are also providing a shuttle to the port. My parents used to live in the area, so I asked them to scope out the hotels near the port and let me know what they recommend. Also nearby was the Holiday Inn and I think, a Clarion, that they said were ok. There are supposedly a lot of restaurants and shops nearby, so no one really needs to rent a car b/c I believe the hotels charge for parking.

Archived